⛴ Taiwan - Abroad | Regular Ferries/Cruise Ships from Taiwan to Other Countries

Just curious. Are there regular boat trips that leave Taiwan and go to international destinations other than mainland China? If so, anyone got any information?

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I just saw a cruise ship docked in keelung, so clearly they do. As for times others know more.

have a looksee and bon voyage

I assume he was looking for regularly scheduled trips and not cruises. Are there ferries to Okinawa?
AFAIK the last one was the old Macmosa between Macau and Kaohsiung, but that was years ago.

2 Likes

I recently saw ads for cruises that leave from Kaohsiung and go to Hong Kong. Unfortunately I didn’t save the info.

It was pretty cheap, too.

1 Like

Why would you assume that? Most boats that go overseas are cruises.

I know there are ferries to Xiamen from kinmen but you gotta get there first.

Well, he’s looking for places other than China. So, Macau, Hong Kong, and Xiamen are out.

How about Yonaguni?

5 Likes

OP only said looking for places outside of mainland China.

I did some googling.

There’s boat rides to Japan and probably other countries around the region but they all look like cruises. I’m not aware of any ferries apart from the one to china.

However I’m keeping this in mind because if taking boats to Japan turns out cheaper than flying then I’ll think about going that route.

1 Like

not a bad price!
It goes as low as 4000 NT$
oh…wait…those low prices are for an additional 3rd person. Ha!
If you click in, the average interior cabin is 25K or more

1 Like

I think Costa Sarena is what I saw docked at Keelung a week back.

I can’t comment on Costa’s general service but Costa Concordia makes me want to steer clear of that company…

Im struggling to see the validity of any distinction between Hong Kong or Macau and so called ‘mainland’ China. They’re all one conjoined shithole these days. No escape from the CCP in either of those places. You’re at risk of arbitrary detention in any of those places.

And don’t take your phones if you do go.

3 Likes

I arrived in Taiwan on that very boat. USD100.

1 Like

New Yilan to Yonaguni (Okinawa Prefecture, Japan) ferry is in trial at the moment.

5 Likes