Taiwan accountant that can handle a crypto business?

I’m starting a crypto company in Taiwan and my current accountant said the tax bureau doesn’t know how to deal with it, so don’t mention you do crypto, lol.

I need to track gains/losses, commissions, and returns from things a bit more complex like NFTs, smart contracts, liquidity pools, etc. It’s all well documented and verifiable on the public blockchain, but I don’t have a written contract with any company and my CPA does not know how to report the gains or losses when there’s no contract involved and when it doesn’t enter a bank account.

Does anyone have a CPA recommendation in Taiwan who has experience with local web3 companies? Perhaps I can give them the profit/loss tracking from some crypto tax accounting software and tell them how to track the gains from liquidity pools, smart contracts, etc.

There’s several local Taiwan crypto companies (bitopro, maicoin, mithril, etc) so I’m sure they made it work somehow (or maybe they are operating in a grey area).

2 Likes

You’ll probably have to handle it similar to what the banks do. Buy or lease a few dozen printers and for every Blockchain transaction you also create a printed record, stamped by 5 different people. Keep those printed records for 7 years.

4 Likes

Look up whoever audits Maicoin?

1 Like