Taiwan Best Trip

Hello everybody!

My name is Sandro, and with my girl-friend, Toby (taiwanese) we participate in competition about travel in Taiwan, The Taiwan Best Trip , we are the FrenTainese.
We had to do a 4 days trip in Formosa, then film everything and make 5 videos with,
You can see our last video HERE
Or all our videos (and pictures) on the official website HERE

If you like our work, you can vote for us (you have to register first: Register) or just share our last video (on your blog, or your Facebook), it will be already very good! :discodance:

We need all the support possible, this contest is a kind of dream for us, help us to make it come true!
Thank you by advance :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Best Regards,

The FrenTainese.

I really hate Taiwanese activity-driven tourism and organized tours. I suppose making pencils must have been fascinating – one of those “you had to be there” moments. Yawn.
The writing is little more than “We did this, and then we did this, and then we did this – it was sooooooo amazing.” The photos are vacation-style happy-snaps. Why is it that you think people should vote for you?

It’s really pitiful that the Tourism Bureau is so intellectually bankrupt that it has to bribe amateurs to do the work it is supposed to be doing.

And the concept of begging for votes from strangers is so risible that I’m going to vote for your closest rival just to be spiteful …

Even the Engrish name of the contest, “Taiwan Best Trip”, is a little hard to take.

Sure, it would have been fun to take part. I would have done so had their rules been more reasonable.

Ouha! I didn’t expect this kind of comments… :blush:

For monkey

I really hate Taiwanese activity-driven tourism….”
ok,
“.…and organized tours
oh no! It was not an organized tour! Believe me!

I suppose making pencils must have been fascinating
for be honest, it was not my favorite part of this trip… But my girlfriend loved it! And more, we received dozens of e-mails for ask where we made it, cause they want do the same…

Why is it that you think people should vote for you?
Like I wrote “If you like our work, you can vote for us…” but if you don’t, no worries! Check other teams, maybe you’ll like one.

And the concept of begging for votes from strangers is so risible….”
I don’t beg!.. Nobody knows about this competition, so we need to talk about, if it’s not strangers vote for us, who gonna to vote? Our family?..
“.…that I’m going to vote for your closest rival just to be spiteful .…”
Ok, I can help you: Our closest rival are the Bak Kut Teh, their last video has more than 18000 views! ( the number of views also count for the final decision) you can see it HERE
And for see their official page (and vote for them) it’s HERE

I would add, we force nobody to like our work, but you can be sure we did our best and work very hard on it.
Anyway,
have a good day.

I won’t comment on the content, but I noticed one thing. isn’t this supposed to be a means of attracting FOREIGN tourists? If so, maybe the commentary should be in English? Or at least French?
A bunch of super-fast cuts with a squeaky Chinese voiceover doesn’t seem to be the best way, and the godawful Chinglish subtitles were quite frankly abysmal. A complete turnoff at worst, laughable at best.
Kind of painful to watch, which is a real shame, because I can see that you managed to get some quite nice footage.
You have something there, but GARCON! S’il vous plait! Get an editor!

Hi Sandman,

You’re totally right! But it’s one of the rules, just 3 choices for the language:
english, japonese or chinese.

I’m french and my english is not good enought for do that in english… Like Toby is taiwanese, we choose chinese.

But, like you said “is for FOREIGN tourists” so we made a resume on the bottom of each day page (and we are the only team to did that) in english, japonese, korean, and french! You can see there: Day1 Day2 Day3 Day4

Regards.

P.S: I know, I know, my english sucks :blush: