Taiwan company to make Electric Utes (small truck) in USA-Ohio

Hope they can do well, they (Fox Conn) bought this company. Wonder if they will sell in Taiwan. I see a few Ford F 150s in Taiwan, so there is some market.

3 Likes

I hope the momentum continues on this path, along with improving sustainable energy production. But i will hate foxx con till i die…them dicks can straight up stay in china.

2 Likes

You mean we might finally see Taiwan’s ubiquitous blue trucks in the US? That’d be sick.

Bring on the Binlang!

1 Like

Japanese my man, Japanese…probably the taiwanese canopies will sell well though.

Foxconn going big into EV market. Not just from the end-product (the car/truck), but also from the chip side (its own Foxconn Semiconductor).

1 Like

Mitsubishi based, but the Varicar/Varica (the commonest Taiwan LBT, though not so little in later versions) is essentially a Taiwan product.

Engine co-developed with Lotus, even

Dunno.
Its big, but it doesn’t look quite bloated enough for the US market.
You might actually be able to park it in a standard car space.
Bit too girly for the bros, IOW

Yes, Fox com is not the best company as far ethics, but this Ute is like the Ford F-150 Utes and designed the USA province of Ohio, so I hope they can do well. They helped with the SHARP brand which was decent phones in Japan and Taiwan.

My marketing sense is tingling.

Engineered in Britain by Lotus, alongside the Exige. This truck oozes racing pedigree, when it’s not oozing oil or the blood of its victims. F1 technology is in its DNA. “Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious”? Not for the driver.

Buy now! Nine ninety nine ninety nine ninety nine.

This what?

Heres An American Who Knows on Ford Trucks (The last 3 minutes or so should do. The rest is fixing an F-350, The Truck That Built America.)

Didn’t say it was any good, I just said it wasn’t Japanese.

Not Japanese tends to mean it isn’t any good.

1 Like

Bit more detail

Bit of a puff piece, but some nice features.
No engine gives you “boot” stylee secure storage up front, on board air, regenerative downhill braking, no transmission obstruction all pretty nifty

Suspension travel looks a bit limited maybe.

But since we are calling it a “ute”, one has to think of the limitations of a 300 mile-ish range there.

You aint going to make the Canning Stock Route with that, unless you put solar panels on it and have VERY long stops.

Or as a company you have multiple trucks and can plan ahead for charging. The charging thing will hopefully be good sooner than later.

Don’t get what you mean. Position multiple fully charged trucks along the Canning Stock Route route and swap them, like post horses?

Hardly an economically practical solution for an individual. .How might you get them in place? RAAF Chinook? Air drop from a C-130?

If you could drive them there you wouldn’t need to.

A small petrol or diesel generator theoretically could do the trick, drop-in hybrid stylee but I think there are significant technical obstacles to making that work. For example, I’ve read somewhere that recent E-cars wont accept a charge on the move. This may be partly deliberate, to prevent people getting around government restrictions.

Perhaps you didn’t get what I mean. This is positioned as an “Adventure Vehicle”, but its range limits it to relatively short trips close to developed infrastructure, which is not a description that fits “adventure” in the Australian outback.

1 Like

FYI: For you Canning Stock Route= Klondike Highway, haha. A bit like our Rock Melon chat. And yes for the most part E Ute (or as Canada Pick Up).

Could you explain? Sorry, not quite understanding this one.

I think he’s drawing a comparison for Americans, who tend to have a 1 (or maybe 0.5) continent reference frame.

Its not a very good comparison because the Klondike Highway is a highway, takes heavy truck traffic for which there are fuel stops etc, is maintained, and is only about 700k long.

Canning Stock Route is a track, is not really maintained, takes almost no commercial traffic, has only 1 fuel stop en route, and is about 1800k long