Taiwan Costco questions

#1) The application I printed off the internet asks for an ID#. Can I use my Visa or Passport number?

#2) I plan on going by Taxi. Getting there, obviously no problem, but returning with a bunch of groceries via Taxi??? Are there Taxis near any of the Costco stores in Taipei? Do you have to walk far from the store entrance to get a Taxi? Would be kind of a hassel to do with a bunch of bulk items.

Thanks for the help!

Derek -
Check and see if the store has a bus that circles around the city. Some of the stores have that. Might be easier.
I use the Tesco/Carrefour bus here if I’m going to buy a lot of stuff. Really convienient

[quote=“derek1978”]#1) The application I printed off the internet asks for an ID#. Can I use my Visa or Passport number?

#2) I plan on going by Taxi. Getting there, obviously no problem, but returning with a bunch of groceries via Taxi??? Are there Taxis near any of the Costco stores in Taipei? Do you have to walk far from the store entrance to get a Taxi? Would be kind of a hassel to do with a bunch of bulk items.

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Should be lots of taxis around the Neihu and Yonghe (or Zhonghe) ones. But you better plan on buying a lot to make it worthwhile. In any case get a name card when you go out and call if there are no taxis outside. The company will quickly send another cab.

I believe the Yonghe one is not too far from an MRT so it would be cheapest to go there by public transport, and then consider a taxi back.

BTW, if you do figure out a bus route let us all know.

Which costco are you going to? In yong he, you can take the 57,214,262 up to the Costco from Dingxi station.

Who carries that kind of money with them?

[quote][quote]take…57,214,262…to the Costco
[/quote]Who carries that kind of money with them?[/quote]

I do, in pesos. I look for pesos whenever I walk on the street and each one I find I throw in the back of my Ford F350 Supercab™. Once a year I drive the Supercab™ to Costco and buy cool stuff like trampolines and magazines.

If you already have a membership card from back home, you can use it here (you won’t have to get another one).

#1) Passport # should be fine.

#2) The one in Neihu almost always has Taxis waiting off the street, near the main entrance / exit (literally 20 steps away) – just basket up to your taxi of choice. Taxi drivers often help with the loading… and if all your stuff wont fit in the trunk, they’ll put the rest of it in the back seats. You could prolly load an entire basket full of stuff no prob – just make sure you pack your stuff tight and in boxes that will fit in the cab ok. Hope you have an elevator! :wink:

Yonghe Costco is not near the MRT. If you are trying to minimize transportation costs, exit the Jhonghe station in Banciao off the blue line. It’s about a 120 NT taxi ride to the store. I wouldn’t walk it even on a damn good day. Taxi que is out front. When you exit Costco with the basket full of red bags and boxes, just push it down the ramp and hail a taxi on the street. It may take about a minute but the stream of taxis is endless and I have never had one pass me up. The driver will help you load the stuff and help you unload it at your residence. Getting it to your abode will be up to you but they will help you get it to the outside entrance. They will also charge you an extra 10 NT or so for the use of their trunk and assistance. I gladly pay as I hate loading all that shit I buy. I wouldn’t worry about the taxis. Just go buy what you want and hail the ride. What is the problem?

I was at the Xizhi costco last night -rainy and dark. I couldn’t find a cab, so the info desk called one for me. They said it’s a standard service that the store provides.

Who carries that kind of money with them?[/quote]

I don’t get what you mean as it’s only 15nt to take a bus. :loco:

I don’t get what you mean as it’s only 15nt to take a bus. :loco:[/quote]

try reading it again …

It seems Nama’s humour bypass op went surprisingly well. :smiley:

It seems Nama’s humour bypass op went surprisingly well. :smiley:[/quote]

Nama was posting drunk at that time.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Reason #345 to go dry in Taiwan.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Stray Dog”][quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Namahottie”] take…57,214,262…to the Costco[/quote]Who carries that kind of money with them?[/quote]I don’t get what you mean as it’s only 15nt to take a bus. :loco:[/quote]It seems Nama’s humour bypass op went surprisingly well. :smiley:[/quote]Nama was posting drunk at that time.
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Reason #345 to go dry in Taiwan.[/quote]Nama numma Nama numma Nama numma Nama numma