Taiwan Crime Page 2010

Kidnapping, carjacking and robbery in 101 Tower yesterday:

Taibei, 101 Tower Parking lot, B3
Wed. Feb. 4, 3pm:

Two ladies reported being robbed (NT$240,000) and kidnapped by three masked men with gun(s), who also stole their brand new BMW 740. The men allegedly put one lady in the trunk and another in the back seat, then drove the ladies to a cemetery in Shen1keng1, where they were released.

Security video did not capture the robbery, but it shows that 40 min. earlier, a red 喜美 (xi3mei3 – Honda Civic?) car with an expired plate had entered the parking lot. After the ladies were pushed into the BMW, the video shows the red car with one man in it following the BMW out.

101停車場 3槍客擄醫師娘洗劫
中時 更新日期:“2010/02/04 02:14” 蕭承訓、潘杏惠/台北報導
▲台北市101大樓地下停車場B3,3日下午3時2名婦人遭3名歹徒持槍挾持帶至深坑,搶走財務20多萬元新台幣,確切案情尚待警方偵辦。圖為3日晚間1名婦人行經101地下停車場準備取車。(方濬哲攝)

中國時報【蕭承訓、潘杏惠/台北報導】

台北一○一地下停 車場三日驚傳隨機擄人強盜案!百大良醫博德眼科李德孝的呂姓妻子和女友人吃完飯,到停車場準備開車離去時, 遭三名蒙面歹徒持槍押上車,共搶走被害人BMW 740新車和現金廿四萬,並把被害人載到深坑山區墓園放走,全案由台北縣市警方偵辦中。

警方調閱一○一大樓監視器畫面發現,在呂女進入停車場前四十分鐘,一輛車牌已註銷的紅色喜美轎車先進入,而在呂女被控制後,另名歹徒則開著該轎車跟著離開,不過地下室監視器並未拍到歹徒行搶的鏡頭,警方已鎖定車號,通報各單位全力追緝。

偕女性友人吃飯 遭蒙面匪盯上

警方表示,三名歹徒身高約一百七十公分,操國語口音,搶走的黑色BMW 740轎車登記在呂女擔任眼科醫生的先生名下,呂女家中共有五輛車,平常輪流開,被搶的車上個月才花四、五百萬元買,可能因開名車,才被歹徒鎖定行搶。

四十六歲的呂姓醫師娘,昨天上午先到台北車站,接剛從嘉義北上的四十三歲李姓女友人後,兩人在中午十二點廿五分,開車到台北一○一購物中心,把車停放在地下室三樓的停車位,然後到餐廳吃飯。

三點多左右,兩人準備開車離去時,突然三名戴著頭套的歹徒,持槍押著她們說:「你們要乖乖的!」接著把駕駛呂女關在後行李箱,並把李女押在汽車後座。

歹徒隨後把車開出停車場,走信義快速道路上了北二高,然後走深坑文山路往深高坑路山區前進,過了松柏墓園後,把兩名被害人放下,搶走兩人的皮包,開車離去。被害人隨後透過墓園服務台人員幫忙,打電話向新店分局報案,由於案發地點在信義區,北縣警方再轉報信義分局偵辦。

關行李箱丟墓園 搶走名車現金

被搶走的兩名被害人皮包,呂女皮包內有十八萬元,李女有六萬元,另外兩人的證件和手機也都被搶走。

警方初步研判,歹徒隨機在一○一購物中心挑選駕駛高級轎車的女性犯案,但也不排除另有隱情,全案刻由警方深入偵辦中。

Great thread idea. Shouldn’t be hard to fill up pages and pages with all the shit that goes on here on this crazy little island.

The thing is, even the bigger stories (like brazen robberies and kidnappings in Taibei 101 Tower in broad daylight) don’t make it to the crappy English newspapers (AFAIK). That jewelry store robbery in 101 belongs here too.

Hopefully Icon and others in tune with the local media can post some of the bigger stories here as they happen.

good idea, blow away the propaganda that tw is safe… :eh:

I’m not sure why the thread on the jewelry store robbery was temped, perhaps because of the misleading title, but clearly the story is relevant to this thread.

ChinaPost story here.

FormosaNews story here.

That China Post story is incredible.

“Two guys.” Do they mean two men? What did they look like? What were they wearing? What time? How old were they? Where did they go afterwards?
The news here is pathetic, even in Chinese - in fact, more so. The local paper back home for my small town is more comprehensive than any of the daily national titles here - and they have staff of about 5.

You’d think the police would urge the papers to give descriptions of events or ask for witnesses using the media.

But then you’d think that this is Taiwan.

You mean it’s not? :eh:

So much happens here that never gets filed in a police report, added to the the crime stats, or reported by the media.

Three monkeys at it’s finest -

See no evil.

Hear no evil.

Speak no evil.

Actually, I quite like the ignorant bliss I live in regarding crime here. Even if life here were as dangerous as London but not reported on, then I would prefer the feeling of security I get than the unrealistic level fear that comes from the UK press.

Further, the sensationalist news of crime in effect becomes a self-fulfilling profecy. Stories of crime get overblown, no one trusts anyone else any longer, people get afraid to go out. Eventually the only people out at night are those who can handle themselves when there is trouble - which in many cases are those aggressive enough to cause trouble. And with fewer bystanders around to witness things, there’s less of a disincentive to start trouble.

I’ll remove the “that.”

Ignorance is bliss. I used to be ignorant, but now I think it’s far more dangerous than London, and if you are Taiwanese, you are far more likely to be murdered.
Crime in Taiwan and the UK is different. While in London you are more likely to be assaulted or have your wallet pinched, Taiwan has far higher wounding and murder rates. Most crime is not reported, and crime that is reported gets mediated out of court or at the police station. Very little crime is solved and the police don’t record crime like they do in other countries so that they can build up criminal MO’s, so when they catch offenders, offenders can also be tried for crimes they comitted in the past which they weren’t caught for.

The police here also seem to have an “act first, think later” policy, which means that you are more likely to become a casualty of police ineptitude in Taiwan than you are in the UK, despite the fiasco at certain tube stations in London.

As far as crime goes, I feel safer living in Taipei than I would living back home in Canada in any of the big cities there. Driving, that’s another story, and a different thread.

It’s hard to understand why those women were carrying so much cash (the 46-year-old woman surnamed Lu had NT$180,000 in her purse, and the 43-year-old woman surnamed Li, who came up on the train from Chiayi that day, had NT$60,000 in hers). Credit cards, ladies?

The 1-month-old car, costing NT$4~5 million, was owned by Mrs Lu’s doctor husband, but as it was one of five cars in their family, I doubt if they’ll miss it too much.

maybe they were asking to be robbed

I guess they will feel the loss of the car, but if you can afford to carry around 1/4 milloin, you can afford to lose it - better than sepnding it on shite

Oh, come on. If you’re going to do a thread like this, it should be nothing but links to the Action News CGI animation pieces up on the Apple Daily website.

For instance, this piece from today is about a Gaoxiong man who killed his lover’s tenant after a botched robbery. The man was in debt after spending millions of NT on his Vietmanese masseuse lover, so she suggested robbing one of her tenants/sub-lettors. The robbery is botched and he ends up killing the tenant. Afterward, the man goes back to his girlfriend’s house and they make sweet love. But when he tells her that he ended up killing the tenant and pleads with her for them to flee together, she refuses and calls the cops.

Anyhow, it’s a pretty sweet animation of the stabbing, though it would have been cooler with blood.

:ponder: Not sure why, but Fargojust popped into my head.

Today’s hot news, aside from the 101 Kidnap/Robbery -talk show fodder: what is Ma doing about it? why isn’t the primer minister saying anything about it? sigh :loco: - is the French guys who claim “got scammed by the most beautiful liar in the world”. The offended lady immediately put a demand against this French guys for this insult…

OK, let’s explain:
This Taiwanese celebrity receives some marvelous medicine from France thet helps her lose weight. She decides to partner up to distribut it in Taiwan. lo an behold, a few years later, and no royalty seen, teh French inventors find out drug is being “manufactured” in Taiwan, under their name brand.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … erfeld.htm

Watch this space, folks.

Oh, and in other news, found this gem: probablybadnews.com/?ref=chz1

Please feel free to send your favorites…

[quote=“Homey”]So much happens here that never gets filed in a police report, added to the the crime stats, or reported by the media.

See no evil.

Hear no evil.

Speak no evil.[/quote]

Newspapers and TV news are full of sensationalist reports about crime. However, my perception is that levels of street crime are much lower than the west.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]The thing is, even the bigger stories (like brazen robberies and kidnappings in Taibei 101 Tower in broad daylight) don’t make it to the crappy English newspapers (AFAIK). That jewelry store robbery in 101 belongs here too.

Hopefully Icon and others in tune with the local media can post some of the bigger stories here as they happen.[/quote]

Yah there is loads of interesting crime reported in the Taiwan newspapers. I have cut some of it out over the years. I have the one where that Russian dude fights those Taiwan cops. They can’t restrain him so one pulls out his gun to shoot the dude in the leg. It goes through the Russian’s leg and into his colleague.

No one dies but it was an interesting one. So much interesting crime going on here. My brother in law is a cop here and he saved a kidnap victim a couple of years ago and that was all over the Taiwan newspapers but not a thing in the English ones :thumbsup:

[quote=“Mawvellous”][quote=“Homey”]So much happens here that never gets filed in a police report, added to the the crime stats, or reported by the media.

See no evil.

Hear no evil.

Speak no evil.[/quote]

Newspapers and TV news are full of sensationalist reports about crime. However, my perception is that levels of street crime are much lower than the west.[/quote]

Yah but kidnapping is far far higher :thumbsup:

There are also so many rapes and sex crimes here reported in the Taiwan papers. Just browse the pictures in the Taiwan papers and they even give cartoon diagrams of the location of crimes, participants (cleavage) and other such sensational info. Go into 7/11 and browse the papers for a week lol

Where’s tommy?