Taiwan Digital COVID-19 Certificate - Discussion

I’m not sure if there is an app. A few minutes ago I went to the government website to apply for the certificate, here:
https://dvc.mohw.gov.tw/vapa/apply/Index.init.ctr
… and it was shockingly easy and straightforward, entering my ARC number (which is NOT one of the updated new numbers - I was worried that would be an issue but it wasn’t).

I eventually got a big screen full of my certificate. I was relieved the certificate shows that I’ve had three shots - since I got the first one very early, I feared it wouldn’t be in the system, but no issues. It’s also got both my English name and Chinese name, which I was worried about - I try to make sure important places know both names, but I don’t always succeed.

It was emailed to me as a ZIP file. The email includes details about the password for the ZIP file. The only hurdle was the default expander application on my Mac failed to open the file; I needed to use a different one that gave me an option to enter a password.

For now my intention is to just keep the PDF handy on my phone (well, Apple / Files / Desktop, I guess). I dunno, maybe I’ll print it out today as well, but I don’t have a color printer at work.

EDIT: slight, slight concern that it doesn’t list which specific vaccines I’ve had - it says I’ve got 3/3, but only lists Moderna, not that the first two were AZ. But I’d be very surprised if that’s an issue. It’s also got all kinds of boilerplate about not being a travel document.

EDIT 2: re: a specific app, there’s a long discussion over in another thread, starting here, over how different apps … don’t seem to work well, with varying degrees of not working. I don’t know if there’s a Taiwan specific one yet. When I search in the Apple App store (and I’m in the Canada store), it’s the typical Apple thing of a million apps with similar names and you can’t be sure if they’re any good. For now I’m not going to worry about connecting anything to an app and will just have the PDF available on my phone.

5 Likes