Taiwan Topics on CNN

Curious if anyone else saw the interview with Audrey Tang on CNN tonight? Good exposure for taiwan… It was a pretty in depth segment, I’ll post the link once it’s posted. The interview was similar to this article.

Also, is there a general Taiwan news thread? I couldn’t find one. Hard to search since the publication Taiwan news keeps coming up.

7 Likes

Hi! Here’s the link:

https://twitter.com/jchatterleyCNN/status/1277632661067108352

17 Likes

Thank you for the link. It’s an amazing interview. Audrey is very articulate and informative.

3 Likes

Welcome.
You are the best :notworthy:

6 Likes

This is a pretty exciting day for the Flob. First time an actual government minister has posted here. :happyrunningaround:

11 Likes

Not to mention the Hacker-in-Chief :fireworks:

4 Likes

Loved the “Live long and prosper” sign off. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a great interview, and a great success story. However, the tissue paper rumor didn’t die down in two days…or even two weeks.

As others have said, it’s nice to see Taiwan get some good press…or any press, really. That it came in a well spoken, well presented interview is a bonus.

I didn’t even notice it was Audrey herself who shared the link.

That reminded me of an Audrey story.

Once a deadly poisonous snake bit Audrey Tang. After 3 painful days, the snake turned into the python language.

2 Likes

Personally, the idea that a high ranking member of our country’s cabinet, a critical and valued adviser to Madame President, and internationally recognised government representative fucks around on here during work just like all the rest of us has made my week :+1:

8 Likes

Is it just me or did the interviewer get confused as to what to call A-tang? Swore I heard a Mr Tang in there.

Great interview, thank you!

So has @EnglishTsai followed up on your PMs regarding foreigners’ rights in Taiwan?

I…sorry, I have no idea what you’re talking about?

1 Like

Welcome and enjoy your stay, have a look around would be nice to see your opinion on some of the other topics here.

I really wanted your post to start with
“long time lurker first time poster”

Edit:
Just realised we now have our own direct line to the government (well sort of)
:phone:

2 Likes

For gods sake do not go into the International Politics forum and if you do I can only apologize in advance. :pirate_flag:

7 Likes

Hello, Citizens, how can I be of assistance?

3 Likes

I don’t think Minister Tang was a regular user before. It says she joined 4 hours ago to share the link. It is interesting that forumosa ranks so high on the Google search. I’m assuming that’s why she commented. When I searched an hour ago it was the top link

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Really enjoyed it