Taiwan Drug Busts

Wow.

:astonished:

That’s A LOT OF DRUGS.
Is the druggie scene really that prevalent amongst Taiwanese people? I am sure the gov’t will blame this on foreigners but that’s A LOT OF DRUGS. Can anyone with math skills figure out how many E pills each foeeigner would have to eat (and die from) if 2 million pills were used by foreigners alone? Let’s pretend every foreigner here does 100 E pills a year - that still leaves a lot for Taiwanese people. And the Ketamine - WHOA NELLY!

I had no idea there was this kind of demand for drugs from taiwanese people.

[quote] etaiwannews.com/etn/news_con … g=eng_news
Large haul of ketamine, Ecstasy pills seized

Central News Agency
2009-06-01 09:16 PM Fonts Size:

Kaohsiung, June 1 (CNA) Two suspects were arrested and 366 kilograms of ketamine and 14 kgs. of Ecstasy pills were seized in a raid on a fishing boat in southern Taiwan, agents from the Investigation Bureau under the Ministry of Justice said Monday.
The agents said they received a tip in February that drug traffickers in southern Taiwan would use a fishing boat to smuggle drugs to Taiwan from China Since then, the agents have been busy verifying the information, and, with the assistance of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency, they targeted a fishing boat called the “Hsinfongli.” The ship left Anping Harbor, Tainan, on May 28, and the agents waited for its return to conduct the raid.

They found the drugs in tea bags hidden under the beds of the crew members, and the agents turned the two suspects over to the Kaohsiung Prosecutors Office for further questioning.

An agent said the 366 kgs of ketamine and over 2 million Ecstasy pills would be enough for the use of 6 million people, which they said could pose health risks if they were circulated in the market.

[/quote]

What the f. I am amazed.

A lot of drugs are transited through Taiwan and bound for other markets. I’m guessing that’s the case here - bring them from China/SE Asia by fishing boat, move them into containers then across the Pacific they go.

Naw, it’s all for local consumption. How else do you explain the way people drive here?

1 Like

It’s indicative of the Taiwanese mentality that crap drugs like Ketamine and Ecstacy are so popular.

What CFimages said, Taiwan is a major transhipment point for drugs. You also have to take in account the lucrative Japanese market and the fact some of them would of been done in Taiwan too.

Another point is police lie and the media in Taiwan is less than trustworthy. I’m sure someone put his foot on the scale or he was counting by 1000 at a time instead of 1 at a time. Cops do that quite often in the US.

True. Most of those foolish drugs were destined for other foolish markets.

Nooooooooooo

Ketamine and Es are soooo a local thing. Fits in with the Hello Kitty culcha; clean, easy, teenager drugs. They take more than in most places because drinking to excess is culturally less acceptable than popping pills. As jp says, it’s a fairly tragic expression of local culture. I may just be old, but it’s impossible not to smirk.

The press tied it to the nekkid Canadian yet?

You sound judgmental. Reality is for people who can’t face drugs. Back in the day these two drugs helped me immensely. This was way back when they were legal. Though, a disco dose rail of K isn’t going to do much for you, the natural method is about 100mg IM in about 1cc of pure water. I wouldn’t recommend slamming it IV, or parachuting it, but you can plug it, check bluelight for dosage.

Shoot up or shut up. -John Lilly

1 Like

Helped you what? :laughing:

:doh: Let me show you this little chart, rated harm of drugs:

So tell me, what is more tragic: some teens popping E pills from time to time or millions of people worldwide boozing every day, and to a large extent culturally accepted.

occasional ecstasy/amphetamines consumption: “very very evil and illegal”
blackouts every weekend because of excessive drinking etc.: “completely legal and hey - it’s fun”
?!

Drug abuse is always a thing to avoid, and can be very disastrous.
But I hate those double standards!

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6474053.stm
(Detailed report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/31_07_06_drugsreport.pdf

bring back the free e in schools program i say…“an e a day keeps the blues away”

[quote=“fuex”][

[/quote]

I am wondering about such reports. Does it mean I should change from red wine and long drinks to LSD? It’s less harmful according to the graph.

Though somehow I doubt replacing my three weekend drinks with LSD would really be a good idea…

Gotta love statistics. :discodance:

Two million is actually not that many tablets. If you assume there are 50,000 foreigners here, that’s only forty tablets each. That’s not even one every weekend.

Ketamine is not crap. My friend was working as an orderly in a hospital and had connections. I can honestly say it was the best drug experience I ever had (unfortunately, I was very unimpressed by the DMT that didn’t work). My friend and I put on Birds of Fire by the Mahavishnu Orchestra and holy shit! I can’t believe they give that shit to children in hospitals.

It might change your view of life. I’d take hallucinogens over alcohol any day. Actually, LSD is what made me give up alcohol the first time (because I just felt really dumb on alcohol, and I always felt like shit the next day), and I ultimately gave up alcohol for good long before I gave up anything else. Of the drugs that I’ve tried (admittedly only about half a dozen or so), my least favourite are the two most popular (alcohol and marijuana). Being drunk or stoned are two of my least favourite states of consciousness. I’d even go as far as to say being stoned is downright horrible.

Clearly Australia has the same cultural hangups, since both these drugs are the most commonly taken after marijuana and meth/amphetamines (in fact it’s practically tied for second place with meth/amphetamines). And drinking to excess in Australia is considered to be next to godliness (alcohol is still the most commonly taken recreational substance by far, followed by tobacco).

Clearly Australia has the same cultural hangups, since both these drugs are the most commonly taken after marijuana and meth/amphetamines (in fact it’s practically tied for second place with meth/amphetamines). And drinking to excess in Australia is considered to be next to godliness (alcohol is still the most commonly taken recreational substance by far, followed by tobacco).[/quote]

too right…ex-pm bob hawke still holds the world record for pint skulling (1.1 seconds) and david boone the record for consumption of fosters flying sydney-london direct (67 tins)

Clearly Australia has the same cultural hangups, since both these drugs are the most commonly taken after marijuana and meth/amphetamines (in fact it’s practically tied for second place with meth/amphetamines). And drinking to excess in Australia is considered to be next to godliness (alcohol is still the most commonly taken recreational substance by far, followed by tobacco).[/quote]

Obviously, alcohol is a cultural thing. I suspect that with other drugs, it’s also a matter of perception about how the drugs are consumed, and also the nature of the effects. Most people who consume ecstacy probably don’t consider themselves drug users because you pop a pill whereas they would probably consider someone who shoots up or snorts something to be a real drug user. It’s odd. I think there’s that huge hurdle to overcome before someone gets into using heroin, for instance. Despite many of my friends getting into heroin, I never tried it (well, I had some opiates in hospital and they were fucking good) because aside from the idea of addiction, I absolutely hate needles and there’s a whole general seediness about heroin use.

Also, compared to hallucinogens, ecstacy is a fairly predictable high minus the existential crises of something like LSD, psylocibin, etc., so of course it’s going to be more popular. I’ve never met anyone who had ecstacy who didn’t like it, but I’ve known a fair number of people who lost their shit severely on acid. I lost my shit on acid severely the first time I ever tried it (which was also the very first time I heard Miles Davis :smiley: ), but I went back for more – indeed, losing my shit as horribly as possible was always my objective, which is why I always sought out hallucinogens and had absolutely no interest in drugs that would make you feel good, including ecstacy. However, most people aren’t that fucked up. They want to “feel good” when they take a drug or they want to forget about something. One guy I knew still denies even touching the stuff to this day because it fucked him over so badly (but then he was a very uptight guy, so it was kind of an inevitable train wreck).

Great to see some other rational trippers here!

I’d actually be willing to be judgmental against speed, heroin, crack, alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, and Oxycontin… and call them “crap drugs”. And lots of double standards, particularly when you consider statistics about harm to the individual or society. People talk about the risk of taking drugs, but never consider the risks of NOT taking them… lack of insight into your heart and soul… living a life of fear or boredom… the list goes on.

With e, the only slightly bad trips I’ve seen are from taking half a dose, and somehow the user tries to fight it. I agree that acid, and perhaps more so mushrooms, can get you a little far from home.

Ketamine can be a little dangerous too IMHO. Its addictive for some personalities. The pharmaceutical vials or even the veterinary version (1g in 10ml) are a little safer to stick into your thigh than dried powder from the club, maybe that has to be sterilized in some way first.

Half of all DMT shots misfire. Hard to smoke in 40mg of burning plastic and hold it in, and you got to get it all in the first hit. If you succeed though, it will be unforgettable. You could try the 5-MeO variety a.k.a. Toad, only need 5mg, but its not everyone’s cup of tea, its less visual. These can also be experienced as longer lasting ingredients of Ayahuasca drink or Yopo snuff.

There are other websites and forums that have more current information.

So tell me, what is more tragic: some teens popping E pills from time to time or millions of people worldwide boozing every day, and to a large extent culturally accepted.

occasional ecstasy/amphetamines consumption: “very very evil and illegal”
blackouts every weekend because of excessive drinking etc.: “completely legal and hey - it’s fun”
?!

Drug abuse is always a thing to avoid, and can be very disastrous.
But I hate those double standards!

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6474053.stm
(Detailed report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/31_07_06_drugsreport.pdf[/quote]

Eh? Why are you quoting my post? It is not related to yours.

I took more drugs than all of youse put together. Bunch of druggie lightweights.