Taiwan Drug Busts

Don’t order Pepsi with hemp seeds.

Nitrous is illegal here?

I think medical grade nitrous is illegal everywhere if you aren’t a dentist using it for medical use. Nitrous used for cars and stuff have stuff added to it to make it unbreathable.

In my state I could just go buy a giant tank. You could also buy the whipped cream canisters everywhere.

No industrial is used here medical hardly ever.

Isn’t CBD legal here though? Why wouldn’t hemp be? It’s not like it does anything for you

1 Like

More laughing.

Hide your balloons

“a man was seen sucking on a balloon, and suspected to be inhaling laughing gas while driving a white Mercedes Benz erratically in Taoyuan District.”

4 Likes

this qualifies as…wack things in Taiwan as well. absolutely…hilarious…

1 Like

valued at over NT$2 billion (US$72 million) amphetamines weighing approximately 720 kilograms/1587 pounds

were using a fishing vessel to go out to sea to buy drugs from foreign drug dealers

arriving back at Wushi Harbor in Yilan’s Toucheng

This bust only NT$100 million (US$3.46 million).

1 Like

So much for Spring Scream, huh?

1 Like

Street value is around 1500NT$ per gram.
They said 40KG.
40,000 grams.
1500*40,000
Around 60, 000 , 000 Taiwan dollars.
So us dollars would be 60, 000,000
Divided by whatever the current US dollar exchange rate is.
Divided by 34
Around 1.6 million dollar street value.

I wish :slight_smile:

He he
Lol I’m just being nerdy with the math (not meth). Having said that due to the last few busts street value may have risen.
It’s a more fun approach to math than taught in Taiwan high schools.
So math question 2 is how much is meth per gram if the media report is correct and it has a street value of 100,000 NT$.
Come on that’s an easy one :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Breaking Bad, Taiwan style.

Assistant professor using a university chemistry laboratory having students unknowingly assist in testing drugs for purity, on behalf of a Taiwanese narcotrafficker.

used the laboratory’s High Magnetic Field Superconducting Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer to improve research and development

3 Likes

Happy 4/20 everyone! :herb:

heavy punishment should not be imposed on those found guilty of petty crimes.

:grin:

6 Likes

I think this is just the passing of the law reported on a year or so ago, yeah?

Apparently reduces the punishment from a minimum of 5 years imprisonment and up to NT$5 million to 1-7 years imprisonment and up to NT$1 million. So not a very happy 4/20 day… (although the timing seems surprising, almost intentional…)

2 Likes

Any bars having 420 specials?

Yeah. They’re doing a nationwide promotion across Taiwan at the moment.

restaurant-sign-generator (1)

5 Likes

My stupid edgy mind thinking of weed, Hitler, and columbine all day.

1 Like