Taiwan Economy Discussion

If the US, Canada, Uk ,EU, New Zealand, Australia etc etc actually gave even half a fuck about human rights, equality, peace, and all that then sure, open up TSMC there. As of yet, not one of these “developed” countries has stood up for anything meaningful at all. ever. Like literally not one has done ONE thing to recognize taiwan, nevermind back it. Even Biden says he will, then immediately the puppetmaster takes it back. China, and the world are only laughing. So its a dumb move on taiwans part to not see the writing on the wall. Or perhaps they see so mich writing we dont see and they are simply traitors and selfish. Either way, poor leadership…

I thought taiwan was smarter, but it seems more likely that individuals are planning their escape route plan B. Would love to be wrong, but not much seems to point otherwise :frowning:

1 Like

Like all the top leaders in Afghanistan, who bought up properties in major cities across the globe and dashed off to live in luxury elsewhere while the Taliban took over? Kind of the reason money and power should never be in the hands of the few…

Export orders set another record in May and are expeted to break records again in June. Yet growth predictions have been adjusted down to 3.7%.

Something else has got to give.

1 Like

Help me understand. Taiwanese companies who build and ship out of China et al are included in the export numbers?

No = =

1 Like

I’m doing my part. I just bought a new kymko scooter. It’s a nice one.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can sell out chip industry. It takes talent

4 posts were split to a new topic: Buzi 布子 Cafe

I do not see much support or investment from India, not much things from India here in Taiwan unless you see something?

Is it Ionex electric?

It’s a gas guzzler. 180cc. Really smooth and quiet. I can’t really say it is a guzzler yet. I might have 100km on it so far.

1 Like

Disappointed. Well, at least you’re reducing noise pollution.

why disappointed? I think electric cars and scooters are pretty rotten. Taiwan has a ton of problems with electricity. I’m pretty sure my scooter is better for the environment than are any electric car or scooter out there.

cool, big bike ! You can go 100 (outside the city), mine not sure it can go 70 haha. I good for Kao City (I guess its made here and top end bike I guess more expensive than most)

1 Like

It’s this one. Yes, as far as I know it’s made in Taiwan

1 Like

Cool video on the link(wonder where is it), you will have get out of the city and get more than 100km on it.

1 Like

Well come on and let’s go for a ride up the mountain. Send me a message.

1 Like

whats the price on that model?

all in it was around $124,000 cash.

1 Like

Baller