Taiwan embassy needs my singleness certificate (CENOMAR)

Hi everyone!

here are some background information.

I am a Filipino citizen got divorce of an filipino citizen last April 2018, we separated December 2015.
I am now married to a taiwanese national last June 2018.
I delivered my baby in philippine last July 2018 his biological father is the taiwanese national.
I hold a Taiwan Area Resident Certificate (TARC).

Now, my problem are:

1. taiwan embassy need my singleness certificate(CENOMAR) when i give it to them they want me to file in a court, because i did not meet there requirements.

#If the applicant born before marriage of the parents or less than 181 days after the marriage of the parent, then the Certificate of Single Status of the mother secured from Philippine Statistics Authority (authenticated by Department of Foreign Affairs & TECO), original with one photocopy, is required

I hope someone could clear these things for me, what do i need to do to make it ok. Thank you so much!

Did you actually get an annulment? Or did you get a divorce outside the Philippines?

Do you mean the TECO in Manila? Itā€™s not an embassy. Or something else?

Is this the requirement you didnā€™t meet? Is ā€œthe applicationā€ referred to you or your child? It sounds like it is for your child. Or are you applying for a passport for you and/or your child?
I donā€™t understand why you need to file in court. When Filipinos come to Taiwan getting a visa based on marriage, they get a marriage status certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority. It states you are or are not married and (I think) to whom. And you can have that authenticated by the DFA and TECO. Itā€™s confusing, but that is sometimes still referred to as a CENOMAR, even though you get it after marriage.

If you had a divorce decree outside the Philippines, you have a problem and you may need a lawyer.

Probably the first thing you should do is go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan and explain the situation and get clarification. They can tell you what is required and what to do next.

thank you for your response,

yes, i got a divorce in philippines because i am a filipino muslim.

yes, that is the application i didnā€™t meet and yes that is for my child, because base on my marriage (taiwanese national) we didnā€™t meet the (less than 181 days after the marriage of the parents). me and my husband already ask the ministry of foreign affairs in Taiwan but still the same"certification that this child is the child of my present husband(taiwanese national). we already got the DNA test to testify that he is the father but they said its not enough :cry:

because in philippines if you got a divorce Philippine Statistics Authority will not erase the previous marriage its also attached in CENOMAR, the different is they put an annotation /remarks in my previous marriage certificate that we already got a divorce

IMG_20190127_032013

Did you already ask to legal aid foundation?

They may give you legal advice in your case for free or low cost.

https://www.laf.org.tw/en/
https://www.laf.org.tw/en/index.php?action=service&Sn=20

Or this kind of place in your city.

Taipei New Immigrant Women and Family Service Center
https://nite.taipei/cp.aspx?n=3FD9049B408BF8F4

2 Likes

thank you for your information. i will call them this coming Monday. me and my husband did not know that there is a legal aid foundation

So where is your child now? Still in the Philippines? And the child is holding Philippines citizenship?

Is your CENOMAR authenticated by DFA and TECO Philippines? If not, this step is very simple.

my child is here in taiwan holding a visitors visa for 180 days this coming February 17 his visa will be expired, me and my husband already asked for the extention but immigration said its not allowed because only 180 days visitors is allowed to stay in Taiwan and must go back home
yes, my child is holding a Philippine citizenship

yes my CENOMAR is authenticated by DFA and TECO

Ah, I forgot about that. That is a complicated situation. Since youā€™ve already been to the MFA, did they tell you what you need to go to court for? And what court?

@tando 's suggestions might help, but it sounds like you need an immigration lawyer in the Philippines to handle your childā€™s case. Iā€™m guessing you have to get a court to verify parentage (the results of the DNA test), but at this stage I donā€™t know. Good luck with it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s confusing since you met the requirements. I guess this is a more complicated legal matter - as some here raised. I find people who worked in the government very helpful, so Iā€™m sure if you asked them specifically what you need to do, they will tell you. Presumably, they want you to file in court - to prove that the identity of the kid and/or the legality (truthfulness) of your singleness - if this is the case, then yea, a lawyer might be needed/useful since they will know what the hell to do.

1 Like

they tell me to file an Application for denial.
yea @tando 's suggestion
might help.

yes I think so, thats what they want.
i hope it will not cost a lot.
thank you so much

yea, thank you for the information it helps.
i donā€™t have lawyer yet, this coming monday me and my husband will contact legal aid foundation. hoping they will help my problem.

1 Like

chrome contact this organization they might help your situation.

TASAT

2 Likes

Are you in New Taipei city?

1 Like

no, Iā€™m here in Tainan City
thank you so much

What is the update on your situation?

no update yetšŸ˜£
we already file it to the court but it take so long.
im hopeless

Why did you file it to the court? What is the reason? Is that the advice of the attorney?