Taiwan Flag at Women's Double Final

Wasn’t it cool to see the flag on TV like that, even though Taiwan lost?
I thought they weren’t allowed to show it at sports events. Or was I just mistaken?

There’s one scene in The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith where he’s on the roof of some building and there are three or four! ROC flags on the neighboring building. I wonder what’s up with that? It can’t have been an oversight…

[quote=“twonavels”]Wasn’t it cool to see the flag on TV like that, even though Taiwan lost?
I thought they weren’t allowed to show it at sports events. Or was I just mistaken?[/quote]
A sea of ROC flags can be see on TV whenever “Chinese Taipei” plays at the Little League World Series.

How come the women here never wear ROC underwear?

[quote=“Maoman”]There’s one scene in The Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith where he’s on the roof of some building and there are three or four! ROC flags on the neighboring building. I wonder what’s up with that? It can’t have been an oversight…[/quote]I thought I noticed that on the trailers. Wonder if it was realease in China ? In the 90’s TV programme, Time Trax, the main character had an ROC flag on the back of his jacket.

That would have been an airman’s jacket, right? They used to wear them when they were fighting the commies, I believe, so they wouldn’t get mistaken for dirty commies if they got shot down. I used to have one that some dirty non-commie nicked off me.

The Flying Tigers ‘blood chit’:

That’s the one. It was a fuck of a nice jacket, too – sheepskin-lined. Give it back, you bastard!

you should choose your one night stands more carefully sandy

That scene was filmed in San Francisco’s Chinatown, where indeed there are a number of ROC flags fluttering in the breeze from the rooftops, as in this photo I took a couple years ago:

With the increasing number of mainlanders immigrating to North American, the prominence of the ROC flag on display has waned quite rapidly in the last decade. I remember just 15 years ago that Montreal’s Chinatown was awash in ROC flags during Double Ten Day. Doesn’t happen anymore.

Chinatowns around the world often include a Dr. Sun Yat-Sen park/square/garden and Montreal is no different. But nowadays, a PRC flags adorns the SYS square! Imagine that!

That’s the flag of Taiwan? :sick:
Why is the flag of one party in the corner?
Needs a redesign, yet, as the current one is still good for irating the PRC contingent, it’s utility has outlasted it’s national relevence.

Carry on!
:bow: