Taiwan Food Diaries - Quarantine Hotel Edition

When I researched quarantine hotels in September, that hotel was 2,000 per day. Then, however, the government subsidy ended and they increased prices (see Quarantine after August? ).
The hotel is in Taoyuan, too (Holiday Inn Express, if you want to avoid it).

I did my booking through Ownrides and actually inquired then about food and asked if it would be “healthy and rich in variety” and they said it would be.

Noticing that quarantine hotels seemed to fill up pretty fast (everything on the Taipei list was already booked out), I decided to go forward with the booking even if prices had increased to 2,500.

Some quarantine hotels even charge like 3,000 or more per night for a windowless room… And still fully booked according to the government website…

I am really not sure if the food quality is just “expected” at that price level for quarantine hotels - or if I actually just had bad luck. I would expect food quality to be better at more expensive hotels - but wasn’t to keen on paying 3,000 or even more per night for the possibility of better food. Could be just as bad as here…

So as I said: My expectations were already pretty low - researching quarantine hotels seemed like they’re a real “seller’s market” right now…

Maybe someone else staying in a quarantine hotel can chime in about a) how much they paid b) if that was before or after September and c) what kind of food they received.

1 Like