Taiwan Has Highest Concentration of Economy in the Most Important Sectors

I’ve been saying all along Taiwan’s position as an R&D hub is far more important than being a finance hub.

Alexander Hamilton, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, believed that the government should actively promote America’s industrial might. The “Hamilton Index” has been compiled to measure output in sectors most crucial to the world economy.

In relative terms, most other nations held significantly higher shares of the global market in advanced industries than the United States: In 2018, China’s share was 34 percent above the global average, Japan was 43 percent higher, Germany 74 percent above the average, and South Korea and Taiwan were both more than twice the average. Interestingly, China’s relative share fell, especially after its 2009 peak, while Japan’s relative share stayed largely stable.

1 Like

Benjamin Franklin…basically ripped off primtimg presses from the British.

2 Likes

What?

Doesn’t that mean Taiwan’s economy is effectively less diversified?

1 Like

Sorry, I added the link.

1 Like

Sorry, I was asking @Brianjones

Yeah, what?

We also ripped off their language and ideas from John Locke for our Constitution.

Yes.

Figure 19: Global shares of computer, electronic, and optical production

1 Like

because HAMILTON was mentioned. But Benjamin Franklin was one of the real drivers of the early ‘American economy’. Founded his own newspaper and replicated British printing presses, instead of paying high prices and import duties.
Franklin was a really interesting self made man.

2 Likes

Franklin was a Geek god! :joy:

I don’t see much diversity of anything in Taiwan at all, one thing I dislike about Taiwan.

Basically unless you’re in semiconductor, you’re stuck with low wages.

I had a neighbor who works as a security guard that 40,000 a month is the most you can expect to make. I told him why not learn a trade, he can make more and work less (security guard is basically 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for 40k a month).