Taiwan inflation Numbers

Shrinkflation

3 Likes

Previously due to the factors of cold weather and bird flu, the supply of eggs had been unstable, and now farmers are faced with the molting period

I donā€™t know what the feck is it with eggs, but itā€™s been having ongoing problems for a while. Youā€™d think they figure it out by now. Makes me think itā€™s a conspiracy.

They said wholesale egg price has been 52 per jinā€¦ thatā€™s what I paid at a store once. I donā€™t expect that price to stay this low.

Itā€™s almost like the oligarchs in control of logistic, food (remember food in America is controlled by a handful of huge companies) has gotten together to decide to raise prices. Perhaps they want a famine for you know, population controlā€¦

Just donā€™t buy eggs.

It isnā€™t just eggs though. Itā€™s everything.

Eggs are most outrageous. Just donā€™t buy eggs. You donā€™t need all that cholesterol.

You canā€™t make oyster omelette without eggsā€¦

5 Likes

:astonished:
I love eggs.

TL for the win!

1 Like

yea, no.

No tea eggs at the 7 I went to this morning. The only thing I buy there, ā€œout of stock until further noticeā€ā€¦

https://twitter.com/foreignersinTW/status/1625357112581967878

https://twitter.com/foreignersinTW/status/1625370002781265920

I just read a recipe for a vegan oyster omelette using chickpea flour and oyster mushrooms. Sounds yummy. Probably why they always look so cheerful and healthy.

1 Like

chickpea sounds like it comes from chickensā€¦

?? I know the liquid from soaked chickpeas/canned chickpeas can be whipped up like egg whites, but Iā€™ve never heard of chickpea flour as an egg substitute. Chickpeas arenā€™t cheap in Taiwan thoughā€¦

This is one of Taiwanā€™s stupider public policy blunders.

A high price of gas is fantastic to force fuel efficiency. Remember when everyone ditched their SUV/Hummer during the Iraq war, and manufacturers were made to up their game?

I want to see dirty, belching scooters taxed out of existence.

1 Like