Taiwan Is Small And Everyone Talks

Youth.

1 Like

I saw the photo of the young lady in question. You should be flattered. :joy:

I found rural Japan much more gossipy than Shalu. One day a villager came in to the school to tell the head teacher that my underwear was hanging on the line and that it might rain soon so I should go home and take it in. Also, once took my suit to the dry cleaners, they cleaned it, then took it to the school. I was once called in to the Board of Education because the local shop keeper told my school that I had bought four bottles of beer one night and they were worried I was drinking too much. And the topper… my friend decided to strip naked and run through the streets in another town… by the time the local gossip mongers has finished it was reported back that I was the one who had been streaking.
Shalu people were too busy stabbing each other in the back over land ownership to give a shit about me having McDonalds five days in a row.

13 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Accusations against ST

I asked for a waitress, not a stand-up comic.

They can’t be this oblivious, right? This must be some passive aggressive sabotage. Maybe the waitresses have secret crushes on you.

3 Likes

It’s also the best restaurant in Shalu, so the locals do the same.

6 Likes

Hands down. Easily the best.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Accusations against ST

Maybe I should have put NSFW on them lol

1 Like

Not safe for (the) woke. :joy:

3 Likes

I will remember that one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Classic post! It’s a brilliant summary of some of the key differences between living in hands-on Japan and hands-off Taiwan, for better and for worse.

Guy

2 Likes

I dated a TW chick once and a month after I broke up two random french dudes stopped me on the street and asked if I was my Ex’s ex-BF.

I just stood there confused, but guess they had been stalking social media or something. Weirdest experience of my life. I never even met the guys before.

2 Likes

wait…they might be those 2 mates of @BiggusDickus

small world

2 Likes

doesn’t sound like my experience at all

I’m with you, but a rural Japan town is not the same as crowded as hell Shalu which I can’t really consider to be a village.

Go to a proper village in Taiwan and it will be as gossipy.

Every habitable building in Taiwan is gossipy.

3 Likes

Depends where in Shalu you are. Just down the hill from Providence Uni is like a ghost town. But yeah, Murou Mura was more isolated than Shalu.

1 Like

You and your full-fats. :roll_eyes:

Yep. It’s a race to find out which of my vices will kill me first.

3 Likes

Hang out with French dudes? Moi?

4 Likes

That is where one of the very best temple complexes in all of Japan is located. Murou-ji (室生寺) . . . just wow!

Guy

2 Likes