Taiwan Lottery

That doesn’t sound correct at all. The probability for getting the 6 numbers is around one in 13.98 million. Guess the marketing department made the calculations.

1 Like
2 Likes

But if you come second you get 33 million. Divided by 7. Times 7.

EDIT: I may be wrong here. Is the final 1 to 8 number included in the 6 of 7 requirement for the second place prize?

From the article in focus Taiwan
"A Power Lottery ticket consists of a total of seven numbers – a first group of six numbers chosen from between 1 and 38 and seventh add-on number ranging from 1 to 8. To win the top prize, all seven numbers must match the numbers drawn.

Taiwan Lottery suggested that players who want to improve their odds of winning the jackpot buy eight tickets with the same first six numbers and different seventh numbers (from 1 to 8)."

When it’s 38 different numbers the probability of picking 6 is a around 1 in 2.76 million so they should be correct.

" To promote the use of Taiwan’s stimulus vouchers, the Taiwan Lottery is offering special ticket packs priced NT$200, NT$500, NT$700, and NT$3,000 to be compatible with the vouchers which come in denominations of NT$200 and NT$500."

1 Like

OK, I get it now. I’m surprised they’re allowed to so blatantly encourage people to bet more, but different culture I guess.

“If one person wins the jackpot on Thursday evening, it will be the largest lottery prize this year.”

Did anyone win last night? Who is not posting today?!

I’m here, so…

Still pitchin’ pennies here

How do you check the numbers?

give me your ticket, I’ll help you check :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol the guy said channel 57 but I only have MOD and there is no channel 57

www.taiwanlottery.com.tw

On the Taiwan lottery page www.taiwanlottery.com.tw you’ll see the results for 威力採 wei1li4 cai3 (Power Lotto). Below that is the Da4 le4 tou4 (Big Lotto) 大樂透. But if you go into the lotto shop regularly you can just hand them your old ticket and they’ll scan it and show you the result on a small screen.

Just walked past a lotto store. About 30 people queuing up. I wondered why? I thought the only big lottos were on Tuesday and Friday.
What time is the deadline to buy a ticket?

Mondays and Thursdays. Deadline is 8pm! This one is the power lotto.

Before 8pm. Hurry

Can someone help explain it to me? How do you know if you’ve won? There must be smaller prizes for matching some numbers.

1 Like

If you read Chinese:

If not, the green dots refer to the first sector and the red dot refers to the second sector - prize money is on the right most column.

Alternatively, go to any lottery store and they can scan your ticket to tell you how much you’ve won.

3 Likes