Taiwan Luthiers Looks at Properties

I’ve sold one apartment here and the sales contract had a box to check if an unnatural (murder/suicide) death had ever occurred in the unit.

The hidden house is a haunted house and the man was sentenced! A man in Kaohsiung hired an agent to sell his house 7 years ago, but he hid the news that his wife was cheating on him in the house. Unknown to the buyer, he spent 2.1 million yuan to sign a contract and complete the transaction. Everything was decorated and he was about to move in. He learned from his mouth that what he had bought was a haunted house, and he was so angry that he filed a lawsuit. The owner was sentenced to 8 months in prison without probation and was fined.

Although this 30-year-old building has an older appearance, it is located in a school district and close to the train station. The market for second-hand houses is quite good. A woman bought one of the units and moved in. He lived in a haunted house. It turned out that the owner of the house did not tell the buyer and the agent that his wife was cheating on him in the house. The woman bought it for 2.1 million yuan and spent a sum of money on decoration. It was not until she moved in that she learned about it from her neighbors. Someone once committed suicide by burning charcoal in the house, and the real estate agent also complained and emphasized that he was the victim. At that time, the owner of the property checked the check box “Not a Haunted House” on the current condition of the real estate, and signed and stamped it to show responsibility. Little did he know that there was something hidden. The buyer learned about it later and went to argue with the owner, but the other party was unwilling to reconcile. The buyer was very angry. According to the complaint, the owner of the house was sentenced to 8 months in prison for concealing that the house was a haunted house. He wanted Fangzi to be able to escape smoothly, but now he has to face the fate of being imprisoned. It is really not worth the loss.

Where are these articles you read?

https://news.housefun.com.tw/news/article/205503209596.html

Well it’s basically fraud. That is a crime.

In the US there are similar laws about “stigmatized house” but I can’t find any example of criminal penalties for failing to disclose them…

My reading isn’t that good. Can you copy the part where it says bank won’t finance haunted houses?

Google translate

As housing prices rise, people who buy haunted houses and foreclosed houses gradually become more and more numerous. However, did you know that if you buy a haunted house, it is almost impossible to get a loan? How can banks and the public know whether the house is a haunted house? How do you define the criteria for a haunted house?

A recent case of a house that was haunted by the “Xinzhuang Cement Sealed Corpse” case was for sale at a 15% discount. Within 20 hours, it was posted online and was immediately marked as “sold”, triggering heated discussions. However, if you want to buy a haunted house, you must have a certain amount of financial resources, because it is extremely difficult to obtain a loan for a haunted house among the procedures undertaken by banks.

Regarding the definition of a haunted house, Wu Cunfu, a lawyer at Kedao Law Firm, pointed out that the practical definition is relatively strict and must meet the requirements of “unnatural death” and “limited exclusive parts”. Only if both are met can it be judged as a haunted house, and Legally speaking, the so-called unnatural death only includes “suicide” and “homicide”. Other accidents including death due to illness, sudden death from drug abuse, death from a fall, etc. will all be rejected by the “unforeseen possibility” standard of haunted houses.

In addition, “limited exclusive scope” refers to the exclusive area of ​​the place of death. Wu Cunfu gave an example. If a resident on the 10th floor jumped off the building and accidentally fell on the balcony of a resident on the 3rd floor and died, then legally, because the place of death is located in the dedicated part on the 3rd floor , so the 3rd floor is the haunted house, and the 10th floor is not affected.

Wu Cunfu suggested that if you want to confirm in advance whether the house is a haunted house, you can use three channels: “ask neighbors”, “ask the police”, and “check online”. If by chance you still buy or rent a haunted house, he emphasized that the best way is to The way to protect your property is to seek legal channels. There is a provision in the law regarding “house price reduction” that recommends litigation techniques. You can request the court to appoint an appraiser to conduct an appraisal, which will protect both parties.

Yu Guohua suggested that the “Taiwan Haunted House Network” is a very convenient verification channel. When banks confirm whether the household is a haunted house, most banks will use the Haunted House Network to check, and will also learn about it through information from the police. It is recommended that the public can purchase Do your homework before the house.

Yeah, I’m seeing the house was sold, cheaply and quickly.

There is nothing in that article that says the bank did not give them the loan. It just says something vague about you better have “certain amount of financial resources.”

That doesn’t mean what you are saying.

I bought a flat in San Xia years ago, on the 4th flooooooor :ghost: and it was a bit cheaper too.

Whatever. :laughing:

Bank had no qualms giving us the loan.

1 Like

What does that have to do with bank financing?

Was someone murdered in your apartment? Did they commit suicide? That’s what they mean here.

1 Like

Actually I want a first floor property… I’d like to be able to have equipment there for one.

I’m willing to compromise on location, but first floor is important.

Don’t care if someone was murdered there.

Well, you better have a “certain amount of financial resources.”

I can’t help you there, man. :hocho:

That’s the problem, it seems no matter how much I think I can muster up they want 10 times more.

Property prices here are seriously bloated.

Probably better off renting anyhow and investing any money that I would have put into real estate into some other thing…

I’ve made more money more quickly in real estate than any other method. I’d think again.!

2 Likes

This seems hyper punitive. Owners of first floor places must necessarily be at a far higher risk of being affected because of people doing forward flips off the roof so on and etcetera, now suddenly they get hammered on the resale value.

What a strange world we live in.

1 Like

Buy a bouncy roof. If they die in the street no harm no foul.

1 Like

And real estate is without risk, where I can buy cheap properties and work my way up?

I think if I bought something in Wanli (very low price per ping there) it’s unlikely their real estate value will appreciate much at all.

I’d need to buy something in Taipei city, next to an MRT station to make any appreciable gains.

This means 1 million USD just to play.

This means you can’t buy there.

You don’t NEED to buy there. You just think it’s preferable.

Ok, what is this, my turn to walk you through stuff? Lol nope. I’m out.

Cicero awaits and Bose earbud noise canceling heaven.

In that article, it already answers your question:

銀行多數並不願意承作,相對,若借貸人與銀行關係良好、財力足夠,銀行可以確定不會衍生成呆帳,還是可能有特例,銀行還是會願意借款,只是差別就在借多或借少。

So, if you -

1. have a good relationship with the bank.
  2. are financially secure.
  3. can make at least a 50% down payment on the property.
  4. don’t mind higher interest rate.

There might be a remote chance that a bank will loan to you.

1 Like

Generally speaking, most banks will decline loan applications for haunted houses. However, if the applicant has excellent loan conditions and maintains a good relationship with the bank, and after the bank’s evaluation, it is deemed that the probability of the haunted house loan becoming a bad debt is not high, there is still a chance the bank approves the loan application for the haunted house.

2 Likes

Read it again. He was reaffirming your statement, not disagreeing…

1 Like

Do you have enough money for a down payment? Do you have a stable and high enough income to pay your mortgage? Do you have good credit history and earning history that can show the bank that you are low risk? If not, then all your concerns are moot.

5 Likes