Taiwan News Balcony - 2021

Add your comments and posts to include on the next video. I want to give the viewer the views and opinions of what is going on in Taiwan during the Covid 2021 threat.

I tried to watch before. Uncomfortable.

Ultimately it’s just a talking head and no one has any clue if any word coming out of the mouth is real or fake or accurate. No validity.

There are of course some that will probably tune in. So if he is just looking for a market then that’s the market.

I guess I’m doing this for my own fun. I’m trying to improve my public speaking skills. I’m trying to improve my production skills. I’m adding to my resume. People might learn something. My daughter finds this entertaining. I get jobs doing voiceovers. I’m a news junkie. I’ve got a super nice view from my balcony and have always wanted to do this and now I don’t have any reason not to. Some locals, some of my students, might enjoy hearing a westerner talk about the current situation in English. If I didn’t mention this already, I enjoy doing this. I’m not offended by you saying my video makes you uncomfortable. I’m not good looking or very interesting but I’m not selling my looks or trying to make anyone comfortable.

2 Likes

Sorry I thought you were posting this for someone else.

I didn’t really give it much thought.

Uncomfortable is probably not the right word or description at all. Maybe unpolished, but really it’s fine.

Go for it!

1 Like

If that’s your objective, it’s fine.
As long as it’s clear for the viewer that these are opinions of current news, not the news themselves, it’s good enough.
I’d suggest you should cite your sources, too.

2 Likes

Nonsense. You’re a silver fox!

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, it should be pretty apparent that this is unscripted commentary. I’ll put that on the screen tonight. Yes, Citing sources. Thanks

1 Like

You must be drunk but thanks !!!

Only coffee so far. Don’t sell yourself short! You also have a good broadcasting voice.

3 Likes

Here is my new entry recorded last night - May 26,2021

My commentary on the “new normal” in Taiwan. My covid diary. Please comment and make suggestions.

1 Like

Are your videos on YouTube also ?

I’ve thought about putting this elsewhere. Perhaps a place dedicated to this series. Is YouTube your suggestion?

1 Like

Yes, many people don’t have Facebook accounts. You can keep posting on Facebook, but you can also post on YouTube.

1 Like

You are correct. I’ll post to my YouTube account as well. Thanks

2 Likes

Post the link when you’ve published

2 Likes
2 Likes

I read a FB post and someone commented that a big chain cram school has cut the hours in half and also cut the pay in half.

Here is the video from last night

2 Likes

Enjoyed your video today

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I’ll do another one tomorrow. My prediction came true. The education ministry said that the parents have the option of paying for June kindergarten classes if they choose.

2 Likes