Taiwan news site?

hi, ive been trying to find a taiwanese news site like a cnn thats posts video feeds round the clock of news. i wanted to watch news of that chinese blind activist visiting taiwan now. ive google searched in chinese and can only find print sites. anyone know any such sites? can be in chinese too. thanks!

UDN, Apple Daily, and China Times are putting more video content up now than ever before, but they tend to be oriented toward stories that include sex, violence, or something shocking/amusing. Very little media buzz about Chen Guangcheng’s visit.

NextTV has live streaming - nexttv.com.tw/news

It’s been especially useful for news on contaminated food products in the past few days.

very little media buzz? but there was over 200 press reporters at his news conference!!

[quote=“fumarole”]NextTV has live streaming - nexttv.com.tw/news

It’s been especially useful for news on contaminated food products in the past few days.[/quote]

謝謝!!

very little media buzz? but there was over 200 press reporters at his news conference!![/quote]

Which means a bunch of news stations reported on him. Once. Compare that to this Turkish philanderer who has been all over the TV and print media. Who is more worthy of coverage do you think? And ask your average Taiwanese girl-on-the-street which one of these stories she’s heard of. I would bet cold, hard NT dollars she knows about the Turkish guy and did not know that Chen Guangcheng was visiting Taiwan.

thats just messed up. and i saw a pic of that turkish guy. he’s not even that goodlooking. people in taiwan must be severely bored. and waaay too isolated from the rest of the world.

it’s sad that none of the Taiwanese owners who own media companies have the vision of a ted turner or rupert murdoch to build a serious chinese language news channel and institution that can rank up there with a cnn or bbc or even al jezeerah. taiwan is the perfect place to do this as it’s the only chinese language speaking country with a completely free media as opposed to hong kong, singapore and of course china.

i found another one:

http://www.ctitv.com.tw/news_video.html