Taiwan passport cover competition

Yeah but those are not instances of confusion which is largely unproven and speculation by the DPP to justify these changes. Waive the passport on the street and it might cause confusion. But what idiot does this? China Airlines might cause confusion because unlike a passport it gets displayed to laymen.

But immigration officers and airline staff are supposed to be trained to recognize different passports, and instead of relying on the cover, look to the data page and its code of TWN and whether the ID card field is filled or blank to determine if visa free entry is granted.

The green cover on its own without an ID card field, no matter what it says, has worse privileges than a PRC passport.

I think you forget the good sales items having I am Taiwanese, not Chinese, had among local travellers at the beginning of the pandemic. Not a DPP construct. They were really facing downright aggression.

Passport confusion is common, more than expected.

I think you should check the meanings of passport colors.

Again, ROC Taiwan passport is number 33 in strength in the world. Remind me where’s China? Ah yes, 71. Japan number 1.

Not if you want to visit North Korea! : D

Guy

“Those are not instances of confusion which is largely unproven and speculation by the DPP to justify these changes.”

Uh, it’s happened to me and many other Taiwanese nationals, as I noted above. It’s a thing that happens.

2 Likes

Key words. :key:

The lady at my school in the UK was shocked to see I’m from China and not in quarantine today.

They really need to change the name. It’s too confusing for people that don’t know about the ROC/PRC.

1 Like