Taiwan sake tasting rooms (I saw Taiwan as good sake nation as well as Texas & Canada)

Saw Taiwan on this list, was wondering anyone visit the brewery or tasting rooms, or any special finds?

A place like this

5 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s news to me. I knew somebody made whiskey in Taiwan, but this is the first Iā€™ve heard of a sake brewery here.

3 Likes

Oh? Even TTL makes sake, no?

Iā€™ve seen two from Taiwanā€¦ TTL andā€¦ Yochun or something like this?

Iā€™m no expert, all I can say is that they taste soooooo much better than my first (edit: random brand, not TTL) sake from a random UK ā€œasian storeā€ maybe 30 years ago. Friggin disgusting, smelled like wet feet.

1 Like

Unless that Taoyuan brewery is getting its water from the high mountains in say Fuxing Township, I expect its product to taste like most food products made in Taoyuan: industrial, with potential (not certain) health risks.

Guy

2 Likes

A long time ago, glad now is better (I hope)

1 Like

I hope my little shop would break all the fear of those ā€œterribleā€ sake people seem to have tasted from the past. New sakes from Japan have been amazing last 10 years or so. I canā€™t get extremely high-end sakes, but I can try to serve something differentā€¦

I will definitely have to visit this place, though my expectation isnā€™t too high. You never knowā€¦

2 Likes

I also see one in Southern Taiwan (Tainan) 隆ē”°é…’å»  (not sure a store or the make it)

and Neipu (Pingtung) č‡ŗē£čøé…’č‚”ä»½ęœ‰é™å…¬åøå±ę±č§€å…‰é…’å» 

1 Like

Sorry, I wasnā€™t clear. I edited my post to clarify that this was no TTL sake I tried back then. Back then I didnā€™t even know how to spell TTL :rofl: