Taiwan Salary vs. Hong Kong?

I have 2 opportunities to move to HK for a position as a Senior Manager in Human Resources for Asia Pacific. They have both asked me to provide an estimation of my expected salary. I do the same thing here so know how much it pays (should pay here).

Having never been paid in HK dollars, I am not sure what number to provide. Lots of the Salary surveys have estimations of
HKD40,000 to HKD90,000. I assume the higher end is for the Expat hires, Lower end for local hires. I would be brought on as a local hire for one position. Possible as an expat for the other, but I am planning for it not to happen.

From all you “have lived in Hk” people here in Taiwan, what’s a reasonable range to ask for a HK salary?
I’m thinking HKD55,000 min and wishful thinking HKD75,000. But, I’d hate to price my self out.

No idea what an SM HR job means, but I wouldn’t/couldn’t live in HK for anything less than the range you mention. You should also look into housing, bonus and other benefits.

HG

revised the wording “Senior Manager in Human Resources for Asia Pacific”

Don’t know that particular industry, but your range looks about right. As I said, you should also look into housing and bonuses. Sort of depends what sort of firm it is. If it’s finance, then aim higher.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]No idea what an SM HR job means, but I wouldn’t/couldn’t live in HK for anything less than the range you mention. You should also look into housing, bonus and other benefits.

HG[/quote]

Are you saying HK is more expensive, standard-of-living-wise, than SF?

90k/mo seems to be pretty decent (and damn good if it’s in the 'wan).

90k x4 =360,000NT$ that’s good in HK …

[quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]No idea what an SM HR job means, but I wouldn’t/couldn’t live in HK for anything less than the range you mention. You should also look into housing, bonus and other benefits.

HG[/quote]

Are you saying HK is more expensive, standard-of-living-wise, than SF?

90k/mo seems to be pretty decent (and damn good if it’s in the 'wan).[/quote]
Yes it is that. But more importantly, they pay real world wages.

HG