Taiwan Style blog

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

You need one update, seems Subway has closed. Also interesting to see MRT/Metro will go there, wonder which line?

1 Like

You’re right. I just found out about that recently.

1 Like

Thanks, and keep up the good work, love your web site.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Interesting blog, sad and interesting photos with silkworms.

3 Likes

I work with a lot of people who live in Chaozhou. They have many memories of that place from when they were kids. It reminded me a lot of a similar amusement park near Seattle, where I grew up.

2 Likes

I’ve been through passed around in between there but never realized it was an actual town.

Maybe I’m like most people either drive past along the coast or along the mountains.

Ha they have a McDonald’s

2 Likes

I was mystified/disappointed with it the first time I visited there. We’d just moved into a house in Fangliao, and went up there thinking it had a Carrefour. No Carrefour, it was pouring down rain, and that McDonald’s was the only restaurant we could agree on.

For what it’s worth they also have a Pizza Hut, a Domino’s, a KFC, a Starbucks, a sushi train, and a couple more traditional restaurants that aren’t awesome but aren’t bad.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

This is great, the kind of news that non-chinese speakers don’t see about Taiwan anywhere, Pingtung or beyond.

Yes it’s simple news, but it’s at least something.

Just a huge gap in Taiwan non-Chinese-literate information written or digital.

2 Likes

Thanks. Exactly what I’ve been going for.

1 Like