Taiwan to distribute surplus tax revenue, NT$6,000 to every citizen & APRC holder

It is not part of the money supply M1. Depending on what the government does with it, it may be part of M2. Reference:
http://www2.harpercollege.edu/mhealy/eco212i/lectures/ch14-18.htm

Well, Uni-President is already super successful. Not like they need any help from the government. Better off spending the money on missiles.

Message successfully passed to one MP so far.

5 Likes

No, but given the choice, MIT is better than made overseas.

Set it up as an official charitable organization, and I’ll donate 20% of my gross income and deduct it from my taxes

6 Likes

Not if we’re talking about missiles. :slightly_smiling_face:

Will do! I will appreciate it. I am just wanting to move into the house first and get settled.

1 Like

Will do the same

2 Likes

I’m sure everyone’s buying US missiles at Carrefour.

Thank you. I am excited to get this set up. It’s been my plan for the last year and a half.

Been working out the kinks.

2 Likes

I mean the government should’ve just bought more missiles instead of giving everybody snack money and pissing off non-citizen tax payers in the process.

5 Likes

I agree, so… No comment.

2 Likes

Of course, but we know what the defensive weapons are for, to deter a totalitarian state from expansionism. That option is much worse than now.

I place it on ignorance mostly. It’s often the default action and automatic. I actually kinda suspect it involves the HR offices and the way our numbers are set up and that because of it, it’s literally systematic. I suspect that because ID cards come from the HRO, and ARCs come from the NIA, that most people only think of the HRO and that the NIA does not cross their minds. But the main issue is getting the foot in the door to explain why this is wrong. This is why I have the MP friend, he has his foot in the door at least to access some people with more ability.

Asking the US to hurt Taiwan because they won’t help people for meagre money in the grand scheme of things is just spiteful. I prefer educating them on our issues, expressing our concerns and using the legal system instead of asking people to hurt other people that won’t help people. You’re not helping people to understand our problems if you attempt use a stick when upset.

No. I mean that angrily going to someone to ask them to hurt someone you feel wronged you is a terrible decision every time as it just creates animosity. Would you ask your mother to hit that other kid that wouldn’t share you in the playground? We use our words, not revenge.

They aren’t being fair to us, please hurt them is a terrible look for us. I’m sorry, but I only know one person I’ve ever said I would let drown. It’s just not my nature.

And this plays into China’s hands.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

You’re moving your businesses offshore because of the NT$6,000 or because you want to reduce your tax exposure generally?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sorry, coming to this thread a bit late as I was working, I notice this has been brought up a couple of time here.

This 12 billion will already be sat in some account someplace, the interest earned paying of the interest on the loan being drip feed across. It will be set up this way so that there isn’t a 12billion jump in military spending this year, it’s just 1billion a year.

Do the same thing next year, or with another country, maybe Japan and you can beef up your defences without paranoid neighbours using it as an excuse to invade.

Yes it’s about the principle

Uh huh, where’s our checks?

I’m simply describing how we’re viewed.