Taiwan to go with volunteer Military within Five years

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ITQpvCdqKEE

No compulsory military service within five years planned.

What?

The first part is bout gas prices but the second half is bout the Militarys idea to reduce compulsory military service in Taiwan annually. So that within five years , the plan is that TAiwan will be like the USA and have a volunteer Army. NO compulsory military service !!!

This is important for those that are thinking of obtaining ROC citizenship. Now if only they will allow you to keep your original citizenship as well? Now that will be something huh?

That’s no exactly what this says: taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003419231

[quote]Under the ministry’s plan, those who do not volunteer for military service would still need to receive three or four months of basic military training.[/quote]Or did I misunderstand due to bad reporting?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]That’s no exactly what this says: taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003419231

well getting a couple of months of basic is still better then 3 years of being in the military?

Three years?

I understand they draw staws and you can get anywhere from a bit over a year to three years. I dont know , as Iv never served in the ROC or the US military.

But this is good news for those that dont want to serve in the military. Making the ROC forces a volunteer one for those that want to serve in the Armed Forces as a career.

I understand they draw staws and you can get anywhere from a bit over a year to three years. I dont know , as Iv never served in the ROC or the US military.

But this is good news for those that dont want to serve in the military. Making the ROC forces a volunteer one for those that want to serve in the Armed Forces as a career.

I know they used to draw straws for the assignments. That’s how a cheating ex got sent to Kinmen -yes, now that is is karma! :banana: