Taiwan Vs China

I am a Japanese business man working in China, yesterday afternoon, I read a News in www.chinadaily.com.cn regarding to Taiwan issues. I wrote an article attempting to illustrate what is the real problem that currently Chinese people are encountering. It approximately took me 1 hour to finish writing. Then I tried to post it on that website, but god knows what the hell happened. A message box come out saying “please remember that it takes time to post your messages on the forum.” Ok, then I wait. Today I received E-mail from that Chinadaily says I was officially banned from that forum. I know my words in this article are quite aggressive, but my intention is good, at least, I thought it was!

I don’t want to make my one hour writing effort worth nothing, so I decide to post the article here, look for some support, maybe.

Before you read my article, I want to let you guys know my proposition to China and Taiwan. I think if Chinese government still economically acts and performs so deceptively and ineffectively, for the sake of the 1.2 billion of you compatriot

You call them “cunts” and then wonder why you get banned?

I believe it has been mentioned many times in these forumosa.com forums that the PRC’S insistence on Taiwan being politically unified with the Mainland –
Is a line of analysis designed primarily for the consumption of the PRC citizenry . . . . .

1 hour for this?!?

sigh. China still has a LONG way to go to catch up Taiwan. It’s true that it’s economically developed, but the standard of living still needs a lot of adjustments and improvements. It’s either extreme poverty or the other way round.

I’m actually living in Shanghai now, just got back from Taiwan a week ago for summer. Damn school, damn parents working here in China. :fume: Anyways, first week back in Shanghai seems to give me a rather bad impression of Chinese people, though it’s always like that :stuck_out_tongue: , but this time it was like, OMG why am I spending high school ed. here.

First thing, I saw a very little girl, about the age of 6 or 7, begging for money inside the subway train. She was pulling and bugging this Shanghainese with a skateboard! Inside the subway train, in the car that I was in! I mean, how come I can see this in a really economically developed city that is world known? Will you see this in Taipei Metro? It shows the extreme poverty China has on the other side (West) of the country. Whatever the boosting economy is in China, it’s all about the cities along the East Coast. What about central China? And even further?

I also saw this guy carrying a paper bag filled with plastic bottles in a pretty high-class department store (Raffle’s City for the folks that been to Shanghai or is living here now), and I was just in time to notice him looking through a trash can beside an escalator. I was like, eh? This is not your place. I don’t mean that he should not be permitted to enter this department store, it’s just that it shows the imbalance of wealth in China. Poor people actually have to go into department store to look for plastic bottles to collect in Shanghai to make a living, and to get kid to beg inside a subway train. To me it’s just plain ridiculous.

If the media is to film the standard of living towards inner China and compare them with the developed cities along the East Coast and present them as documentary, China has seriously a LONG LONG way to go. I’m not totally against China just because I don’t like them. There are things I encounter that makes me feel the distance between, let’s not say China and Taiwan but two big developed cities, Shanghai and Taipei, is increasing. I really want to say that Shanghai is mostly cover with spits and trash and awful smells. Only for some high-class areas where it reflects the living standard of a developed city, but that’s like what, 10% of whole Shanghai? Shanghainese are pretty rude too, I’m sorry to say. It’s still difficult to walk calmly and unstressfully inside subway stations. People bump into you even if there are only you and him/her. Doesn’t make sense eh? Where are there eyes?

Anyways. I miss Taiwan lots, lots and lots. lol.

To CCP: Who the hell cares how developed your freakin’ country is? Is your people catching up with the immediate transformation? The appearance of your modern country is well broadcasted to the rest of the world, but how about the other side? Which side holds a greater percentage? The poor or the wealthy? The primitive or the advance? Please fix all these problems before wanting a reunification with Taiwan. Just stop butting into Taiwan’s business and its relation with the International. Leave us alone. Do your job first.

Oh well, just my comments here.
:smiley:

You did not see this. China is the worker’s paradise.

trust the CCP to divert the attention over the other side of the strait-
rather than focusing on domestic things which actually need the attention.

Quite similar to what Bush has been doing - (oops sorry this isn’t the intl. politics forum. shhh i didn’t say anything)

Syncdot: Nice post, nice of you to bring some levity to the China Fever still raging in Taiwan. It also gives those Forumosa posters that are constantly complaining about Taiwan something to think about… I mean it could be worse, they could have to live in China!

Thanks. hehe :smiley:
Well I think the problem is that the government in Taiwan, or perhaps more precisely the media, is illustrating China as the ‘Tao Hua Yuan Ji’. Maybe that’s a bit too exaggerated, but well you get the idea? Was it the KMT that did this so that they could attract many and many Taiwanese into investing in China? Anyone knows? Because right now with Ah Bian being the president, the praise on China is far less than a few years ago. Well yeah it may be obvious since Ah Bian doesn’t want reunification, or is it just that the heat is over?

[quote=“archangel-x”]trust the CCP to divert the attention over the other side of the strait-
rather than focusing on domestic things which actually need the attention.

Quite similar to what Bush has been doing - (oops sorry this isn’t the intl. politics forum. shhh I didn’t say anything)[/quote]

Yep I agree. Bloody big countries.

Well you know what I kept thinking about today? I wonder if those people in Taiwan who supports reunification will move out of Taiwan completely and live in China if reunification really takes place. Or is it just that they only want it because there will be peace for their next generation and the next and the next?

Oh oh. I should start this poll. Seems rather interesting :smiley: I believe, once you get used to the life in Taiwan, it’ll be extremely difficult to cope with the life in China. It’s just totally different. So maybe Ah Bian can give every Taiwanese citizen a free flight ticket to China to let them feel what it’s like living there, and then afterwards ask them whether they still want reunification with the mainland. :unamused:

It’s clearly if china want to unify taiwan, china must defeat US.
If war occur, US and japan due to drift into this war and China have considered the situation of war between US and japan.
Most possiblly, As appendage of US, japan will be a victim.

In period of war, resource is not equal to economic data. A rich country is not equal to a strong country.

[quote=“JoeBlack”] Today I received E-mail from that Chinadaily says I was officially banned from that forum. I know my words in this article are quite aggressive, but my intention is good, at least, I thought it was!

Taiwan should look for opportunities to reoccupy Mainland of China. It’s not only joke