Taiwan work visa ends - please get out of here in 15 days

The OP is not being deported though… so you are way off on another tangent. I don’t know why you bring this up.

The OP wanted an extension to a valid temporary visa which was advised it would not be possible. Simple.

The OP was given due process and refused an extension. Simple.[/quote]

But don’t you think the 15-day window is a joke? I mean after building a life in a country (including a wife), and then being told to leave within 15 days after the visa expires? Don’t you think it would be reasonable and fair to extend the window period. Don’t you think the visa policies in Singapore, Malaysia etc. are much better for human resource development and for attracting capable people?[/quote]

Who cares what I think about it. I wasn’t he one who refused the extension. Yes it might have been reasonable and fair. Maybe not getting an extension is reasonable and fair. After all it’s the OP’s responsibility to follow the law of the land.

Maybe you havent thought that the visa office legally could not give a longer extension to the type of visa the OP had. That would never cross your mind would it. Where does the OP mention a wife?

Visa polices in all countries are different. No surprise there. Some are much tougher than Taiwan’s, some more relaxed.
Singapore and Malaysia are also having difficulties attracting foreingers to make bases there as well. They are also strict on not extending non extendable visa’s, just like Taiwan.

Quite sure they would be reasonable enough to let someone sort out his stuff before leaving. I’m talking about important, contractual stuff. Not “I want to take a vacation and take time to say goodbye to friends”.[/quote]

Nope… My brother in law was given a deadling in the US with no possible extensions… it’s overstay become and illegal immigrant. It’s not like you knew your contract was coming to an end and did not have time to prepare to leave.[/quote]

I’m not even from the US. The US is probably the worst example in these times…