Taiwan Working Holiday in 2021

I just received confirmation from the TECO in Ottawa saying that Canadians can join the working holiday programme once again so I am opening this thread if anyone wants to contribute for any other countries if they receive confirmation.

They reopened applications a couple days ago in Canada for people to come to Taiwan for a working holiday.

2 Likes

What’s the numbers coming to work in Taiwan for the TWH these days ? Or at least the year prior to the pandemic ?

I’m not sure. It was closed in March last year when foreign tourists were banned.

I’m hoping this topic will be seen by Google.

Just an anecdote. Remove if irrelevant.

My niece wanted to come for a working holiday a couple of years back. She represents her country at touch rugby; she’s fit and strong. The job was something to do with harvesting rice.

Her: Uncle Jimi! I want to come to Taiwan in July for a working holiday harvesting rice! What do you think?
Me: July? Harvesting rice? Are you drunk?
Her: No! I don’t drink!
Me: Have you been to Taiwan in mid-summer?
Her: No! It will be a fun experience.
Me. Look. You may be a Springbok, fit and strong, but you’re going to shit bricks doing manual labor outside in July. I have serious doubts how fulfilling this “experience” would be.
Her: Oh.

She was still going to do it, but had visa problems. So she came to hang with me and the wife for a few weeks instead, and had the time of her life.

4 Likes

Taiwanese like to pick strawberries in oz for some reason.

1 Like

Taiwanese like strawberries. They’re famous.

I like strawberries too but i wouldn’t get a manual labour job pickin’ 'em.

2 Likes

Look, if you’re young and just out of school and skint for cash, a working holiday picking strawberries or working on a kibbutz are pretty alluring options.

I recommend picking tomatoes instead. Avoid bananas

They make over $3000 nt a day doing so.

2 Likes

any jobs harvesting betel nuts? ::relaxed:

2 Likes

In a country that is double or triple the price of everything $3000 there is like $1500 here.

It’s not true. Many things cost similar prices to Taiwan. Australia being an expensive place is a myth.

Examples fuel is the same price, clothes are cheaper, technology is cheaper. House prices are the same. Fresh food is about the same.

For me, I live frugally, the cost of living is the same. The major difference is rent, here is cheaper, cars are much cheaper- well they were before Covid.

The to Taiwanese people I know who travelled to Australia on a working holiday managed to save 1million tnd each in two years.

2 Likes