Taiwanese-Americans are all growed up

iirc Jeremy and his brothers (also basketball players) say they got their love of the sport from their dad. Your point is correct though…other Asian parents would criticize them for allowing their kids to spend so much time on sports.

Played

This thread really goes to show how USELESS Taiwanese Americans are for Taiwan.

Nobody even tried to argue the point !

1 Like

Steve Chen has moved back to Taiwan and Jensen Huang is in Taiwan all the time, so I guess those 2. Andrew Yang’s parents still live in Taiwan so he visits every year so I guess him too. Lisa Su also has family in Taiwan.

Many of them are very active in the independence (I hate this word) movement. They are just not famous.

Well, there were far more Irish Americans than Irish Irish at that point so it was obviously easier for them to be loud lol. How many of those Irish Americans moved back to Ireland to fight the Brits?

Btw it’s grown up, not growed up. Wtf is growed up?

3 Likes

2 Likes

First Prime Minister of Ireland lol , Eamon De Valera.
Also Wolfetone,who didn’t take to America that well to be fair. :grin:
Weak sauce argument Gain.

Colloquial American slang, bruh.

3 Likes

The failed one is Ma Ying Jeou.

3 Likes

They get back there in the end, one way or another.

So one out of like 10 million?

In all fairness, they sent a lot of money during the Troubles.
“Give a dollar to kill a British soldier” was a popular appeal in Boston and New York.

M Y Jeou is NOT Taiwanese never claimed to be either I dont think.

He is as Taiwanese as Paris Hilton.

heyhey, how about a cheer for us Taiwanese Americans who have amounted to nothing…tommy525 for one.

5 Likes

Ma Ying Jeou is definitely not American – he had a green card, but it expired years ago, if what he claimed was true. His daughters are though.

But you’re a star on forumosa.com!

3 Likes

Tommy, you are far from nothing.

Speaking as a fan of 17 years, and counting…

4 Likes

Yeah I’m a fan too Tommy.:grin::joy:
Big fan. The greatest. Never seen such a big fan.

2 Likes

Aww thanks guys

2 Likes

In what way is Ma American?

He was a permanent resident at one point, and his sisters and one of his daughters are U.S. citizens.

1 Like