Taiwanese and Berets

Let us not forget

the Griswolds visiting Paris

[quote=“smell the glove”]Let us not forget

the Griswolds visiting Paris

I’m sorry, who’s Benny hill?

I must be too young.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]I’m sorry, who’s Benny hill?

I must be too young.[/quote]

The 20th Century image of British greatness.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]Guys…I’m talking about the [i]way[/i] they wear their berets. :unamused:

Berets can look very good…but Taiwanese don’t seem to have a clue as to how to wear them properly.[/quote]

Well, you’ve all seen the Army chaps out and about on leave. They look absolutely shite in their uniforms. No hats. Sometimes with civilian shoes or a civilian jacket or smoking at a tea stand with their hands in their pockets.
How can you expect anything better from a humble civilian guard…

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Dangermouse”]I’m sorry, who’s Benny hill?

The 20th Century image of British greatness.[/quote]

How the mighty have fallen.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]I’m sorry, who’s Benny hill?

My goodness, DM! Even I remember watching Benny Hill reruns as a preschooler!

(will insert my own personal beret photo soon)

Benny Hill…Are you being Served?..Yes Minister…all classics :notworthy:

l loved the sexual entendres on Benny hill…you have a lovely bunch of coconuts. You have a lovely red pencil box :smiling_imp:

There’s no doubt about it, a properly worn beret maketh the man.

“Ooh Betty”

HG

Ditto. Remember his Chinese character “Chow Mein”? One of his silly lines went something like, “Greetings to you and peace on your country.”

And if THIS doesn’t bring back memories…
http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/themes/bennyhill.mp3

I’d heard of Benny Hill, but never ever have I watched an episode.

“Some Mothers do have 'em” with Frank Spencer there above - well, makes me buckle even today. :laughing:

You’re English, right? Perhaps indicative of the paucity of good humour in the colonies, Benny Hill was replayed ad nauseum in Australia, NZ and from what I hear, Canada and the US too. For many Cannucks and yanks it was their first taste of English comedy.

HG

Anyone know where I can download the Benny Hill Show?

johnhelmer.com/level.itml/icOid/4

Berets galore…

From Benny Hill, I moved up to Are You Being Served? then Blackadder, Faulty Towers, Ab Fab, Whose Line (which completely blows the American version out of the water), and Graham Norton and I’ve never looked back. :laughing: I got a 8-pack set of Are You Being Served? for my 17th birthday from my mom. She hated Benny Hill but she agrees the British Whose Line is much better than the yankee version. Small battles…