Taiwanese Banks / account names

I wonder whether it is possible to open a taiwanese bank account (both local NT$ and foreign currency) completely under the shade of your chinese name, leaving no trace of your western name nor your original passport.

Identification then would be APRC, NHI, tw driving licence. Again no HuKou, no passport etc.

I guess I have to find out by myself checking out banks in person, but I do wonder if someone here has managed to arrange such a thing …

Yes that was my situation with opening an e-sun account. Which ended up being a bit of a disaster when booking hotel rooms or doing something where your full English name was required. They wrote my Chinese phonetic name out in unrecognizable English alphabet on my credit card

Unlikely. Strict new (2018) AML laws seem to be followed now. I opened 2 accounts at different banks and asked for this, and was told both times that due to AML it is not possible. Passport name only for foreigners.

I have one old account in my Chinese name.

I see

And well, even if … they always take copies of everything, so they know my western names anyway from the ARC/APRC - and we all have no idea what kind of data they will feed into their system even you might tell them/ask them exactely NOT do this …

Thancx for then answers anyway - much appreciated