Taiwanese buys ice cream in Italy and this is what happened next

The tour guide wouldn’t call the cops on one of his relatives.

4 Likes

Before being cooked!

Yes you can. But if sit down in any of the bar/ gelaterie in front of the dome just sitting will cost you 5€ ( in Italian is called coperto I believe that is service charge) plus any drink will be no less than 7-10€ So it doesn’t come at a surprise.
In Venice at pizza San Marco there is an old cafè called Florian that I always visit with my mother, if you sit down, have two coffee and two pastries it will cost you well above 50€. Definitely overpriced but it’s an experience

Florian in Taipei is cheaper!

BTW, drinking a coffee while standing or sitting in Paris is also different.

Mac Donald’s Ice Cream is the way to go. Just Luvin It !

That’s not ice-cream!

1 Like

This used to be an Ice Cream in the UK.
Then the Marketing boys got busy with the Italian stuff :blush:

3 Likes

this is definitely a thing. i know someone that got burnt by a scam in London.

Flake 99’s from the ice cream van was delicious ! Especially in 1973 ha

1 Like

When I did my summer program in china one of my classmates got done in on the i want to learn English (at a mates teashop) scam on his first day, the funny thing being he thought it was good tea and the price was reasonable, and didn’t realise what had happened until he heard someone talking about the scam

Why is there a stick in it

It was an old English custom to insert any random flotsam , found on the beach .:hugs:
I will post this video , explaining the insertion in more detail . ( At the risk of raising @mad_masala blood pressure.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxLvX2J7r0

5 Likes

Sir, your insertions are of the least interest for me, especially after knowing that you don’t even know that those sticks were originally used for carrying DVD’s.

BTW, I have 2 DVD’s for sale, just in case anyone is interested.

Yeah definitely cheaper as you don’t get any of the original experience

@Andrew0409 @_Lilith

I’m travelling to Italy with the Nebraska Clown Association next month. The last time I’ve been was in 2004 and I expect things have changed a lot. So I’m left wondering what the most popular aperitivos are these days. Back in the days you couldn’t enjoy a happy hour without a few Aperol Spritz or Cynar Sodas. Just don’t want to come across like some ignorant West Coast liberal, so I figured I’d ask.

You’re in luck as Italy isn’t fast to embrace change and new things. It’s still the same. They like spritz.

2 Likes

Do they still ripoff tourists or has this changed for the better?

Some places but the local authorities have done more to crack down on these things. They’ve realized it’s really bad and short sighted for Italy, a country that heavily depends on tourism.

Although I would argue all tourist restaurants are a rip off. Best to ask locals (not the hotel) where they eat. They might not suggest the most elegant place, but the food will be good at a reasonable price.

1 Like

How about ‘foreigner buys cut fruit in Shilin night market and get ripped off’?

Is her stall still there?