Taiwanese food sucks!

My personal experience is that never expect western food to taste better than the west in Taiwan. If you don’t like Asian food in general, most likely you won’t like TW food. When in doubt, cook at home. You can get fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and meat here in Taiwan, both organic and non-organic that’ll beat any frozen produce & meat in the west.

I mean at the minimum, you can always try Taiwanese fried food. The local fried chicken is pretty damn good. They even made burger king chicken nuggets taste good. BK nuggets in the states is straight up trash…uneatable.

Oh, by the way, most restaurants in the mall or department stores taste like trash to me. So, my expectation on expensive restaurants have gone down. However, I find street food taste a lot better and cheaper too.

If you have covid and lost your sense of taste, then its on you, LOL! Just my personal opinion.

Same could be said of sugary, but that is my experience.

Can you write a post without “LOL” in it? How old are you? 12?

2 Likes

There are quite a few of us here who are totally fine with “Asian” food in general but specifically don’t like Taiwanese food very much.

Weird - I think the Burger King chicken nuggets in Taiwan are among the worst I’ve had. I’ve thrown them in the trash before, and haven’t bought them since.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the exclamation mark. That makes it even more grating.

1 Like

Y’all sound hungry, LOL!

1 Like

I love Malaysian, Indian, Indonesian and Thai food. Taiwanese food is muck.
LOL!

5 Likes

I think maybe you’ve never lived anywhere else in Asia

1 Like

LOL!

I’m not a huge fan of what I would consider “Malay food” in Malaysia (I mean the small local restaurants and cafes, as opposed to Chinese and Indian food there), but they do a lot of things really well. I’ve had among the best Italian food, burgers, Vietnamese food, Chinese food, etc. I’ve had in my life there, just by walking into random places. The Middle Eastern and Indian food is usually great too. LOL!

You are actually correct. I’ve only lived in Taiwan, as the only Asian country, for more than a week so far, but I keep an open mind. Would definitely try other Asian country in the future for sure. Trust me, I was super bitter when I first arrived in Taiwan and was disappointed at most restaurants I been to, but I have since explored and find ones that I enjoy. I’ve learned to have an open mind I guess.

To be fair, I have not had good Vietnamese pho here in Taiwan. In fact, have not had good Vietnamese food here in Taiwan so far period.

Enjoy your honeymoon, LOL. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A local once told me that Japanese food in Taiwan is pretty authentic. Is that true?

I ate dog, buffalo penis, and all sorts of other things when I lived in China. Doesn’t matter how much I open my mind, underseasoned and overcooked food won’t become more appealing!

Anyways, come back to us when you have some perspective :wink:

3 Likes

I’m doubting their story tbh. They apparently only came to Asia and Taiwan one week ago, and they’ve already been to Burger King and multiple Vietnamese restaurants.

They can’t have that good of an impression of Taiwanese food. LOL!

3 Likes

Wait what? That tasted better than Taiwanese food? Damn…

No fool. I meant, Taiwan is the ONLY Asian country that I’ve lived for more than a week.

Jeezz, all negative…Must suck to be hungry in Taiwan.

I read that as, never lived in Asia for more than.a week, except Taiwan.

Establishing that I have an open mind…

You didn’t answer my question at all :frowning_face:
What are these right places to eat at specifically? Like what place would you say has creme of the crop taiwanese food?

I stay in Yilan so I don’t know if it makes sense for you to travel. I really like this place’s wonton pork noodle soup and its cheap too.

Also I like 悟饕 bento box. Especially the purple rice. They help me keep count of my macros.

1 Like