Taiwanese horror ‘Detention: The Series’ On Netflix

I’m not into horr-or-or, but I’m going to watch this. Looks like a quality production.

Netflix has released the trailer for Detention: The Series , which premieres in December.

Based on the 2017 Taiwanese adventure game of the same name, Detention: The Series revolves around transfer student Yunxiang Liu (Lingwei Lee) as she encounters the ghost of Ruixin Fang (Ning Han) at a forbidden area in her school.

2 Likes

@Icon, you are supposed to leave a comment.

1 Like

:man_cartwheeling: :man_cartwheeling: :man_cartwheeling:

It’s about time Taiwan has caught up to Japan and Korea in the horror department. So much Taoist mythology ripe for the picking, and their attempts at horror (up until this point) have seemed so hammy and amateurish.

Saw the movie when it came out. It was just so so. The Japanese are much better at horror.

1 Like

:no_no:

2 Likes

Yeah, not very scary. And they had to get two foreigners to star in it. It was kind of fun though.

They had a good run at horror for a little while. Double Vision is still one of my favorite movies. Silk had a good start but I didn’t like the ending. The Tag Along films were popular too. I didn’t watch but heard Descent the movie was awful and I don’t see how making it a series will help. Video games often make poor subjects.

1 Like

Maybe watching horror flicks will be a good way to reinforce and embed the language into my brain.

How to learn another language? Watch scary movies In that language.

:japanese_ogre: :clown_face: :alien: :space_invader: :ghost: :skull: :woman_genie: :male_detective: :woman_mage: :bat: :unicorn: :scream_cat: :hocho: :roller_coaster: :jack_o_lantern: :bikini: :zap: :eek: :santa: