Taiwanese Mozart garbage truck song (funny video)

Click here to see the video.

BTW, Imageshack made that screenshot posting so easy. Cool service!

Actually it’s Beethoven, but the video is cute.
I don’t know if you read or understand the Chinese; the bears are singing about how to classify your trash. (Well, except for the “yiiiiii” part in the middle, I’m not sure what that’s about. :unamused: )

Classify!?! Sort, maybe? :wink:

How ironic all that is, because the city is gonna start fining people who don’t do it. So, that brings us to ‘smart idea’ question of the day–HOw do they know who is doing their duty? As far as I know, the people who ride the back of them, aren’t giving a hoot, and who can blame them with the smell and the emploding garabage. Things that make you go hmmm.

It’s neither Mozart nor Beethoven. It is by Tekla Badarzewska-Baranowska, a short-lived nineteenth-century Polish composer. The title is “Modlitwa dziewicy” (“A Maiden’s Prayer”).

Those things tend to make me go bleh!

The song in the video is Fur Elise by Beethoven. But other trucks play “Maiden’s Prayer”. The one you can sing “Bring out all of your trash, and bring it out right now…” to. :smiley:

did anyone else see the news special a few weeks back where some TV crews followed the garbage trucks back to the processing plant and found out they were just tipping all the seperated garbage out into one big pile and burning it all together?.. Almost none of the locals I’ve spoken to have heard about this… I guess when it comes to bad news and self criticism NOBODY can compete with the Taiwanese approach… :unamused:

I’ve often wondered about that (whether it really gets recycled or not). Personally, I think recycling is the big red herring of the environmental movement anyway. So many masses of people think they are ‘helping’ the environment just because they recycle. I believe there are far better areas to focus our concern, such as the atmosphere, oceans, species, and so on. We will always be able to find somewhere to bury our trash. Well, that is admittedly tougher for Taiwan than most places, and I’m certainly not against recycling. I just hate how it diffuses peoples’ guilt. Hmmn. Getting off topic, but so what I guess.

Which reminds me, I have often wondered why the same old song is used for the recycling truck year after year. Can’t they change it once a year just for people’s sanity? (It never changes in Taipei.) I remember a couple years ago, Taichung or some other place started broadcasting English lessons. I guess that would be worse. Unless it were a Scottish accent. That would be really funny.

Here is another osterich (I mean ostrich!(ed.)) image. Click to enlarge.

You guys are lucky up in Tapei. Our song in Kaohsiung really sucks, enough to make your teeth grind.

bobepine

So what’s that song that goes “I should be so lucky. lucky, lucky, lucky” ?