Taiwanese sandwich recipes

hey all… are there any recipe websites for all those sandwiches sold by the thousands of breakfast eateries spread throughout taiwan?

You want to recreate that?

:astonished:

I would buy them and then deconstruct them. It can’t take you too long and would only cost about 100NT for the entire range

Sure; get artificial white sandwich bread from a local bakery, or two thin pieces of styrofoam (it doesn’t matter much which you choose),
slather with lard, or white grease, or KY jelly (again, not much difference)
and add a nitrite-laden, carcinogenic piece of reconstituted animal protein (nominally, “ham”)
and one egg, still dripping in the year-old motor oil it was fried in.

Ta-daaa! A Taiwanese “sandwich”.

the Earl of Sandwich must be rolling in his grave to think that his invention was so badly treated

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Sure; get artificial white sandwich bread from a local bakery, or two thin pieces of styrofoam (it doesn’t matter much which you choose),
and add a nitrite-laden, carcinogenic piece of reconstituted animal protein (nominally, “ham”)

Ta-daaa! A Taiwanese “sandwich”.[/quote]

I wouldn’t waste good KY jelly like that…

Sorry, Dragonbabe has reminded me that I forgot to include black pepper, ground five to ten years ago, and red, tomato-based slime with chemical preservatives. My apologies, as the sandwich would be a bit unpalatable without those.

[quote=“the bear”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Sure; get artificial white sandwich bread from a local bakery, or two thin pieces of styrofoam (it doesn’t matter much which you choose),

Ta-daaa! A Taiwanese “sandwich”.[/quote]

I wouldn’t waste good KY jelly like that…[/quote]

I have it on good reference that that white glop is indeed more closely related to petroleum jelly -Vaseline- than lard/mayo/margerine-butter whatever it is supposed to stand for.

Styrofoam at least is hard, that soft yet pliable white mass may or may not dissolve upon contact with water…

Now, if the OP wants real Taiwanese sandwiches, I’d refer him to that famous stand in Taida where they serve the most scrumptious guabao in history. Mmmm… Now that’s the real deal. And they sell frozen to go and DIY at home. :lick: Recipe: freshly made steamed buns, slow cooked pork belly, cilantro, peanut powder.

Or Tainan’s “coffin” sandwich. How’s that for flavor/filling/creativity? Sturdy bread, creamy filling, hot plate cooking.

Not breakfast fare, but far more Taiwanese, delicious and healthier.

Sweet, bad tasting ‘toast’, sweet mayo, egg, analogue cheese, fake molded ham … tomato, iceberg lettuce … :ponder:

1. Put potato salad in hot dog bun.
  2. Add corn. :neutral:
  1. Scrape yesterday’s potato salad and corn from hot dog bun.
  2. Add pork floss. :ponder:
  1. Scrap yesterday’s pork floss from bun.
  2. Add pig’s ear and tits in hot dog casing.
  3. Add one slice pastuerized processed cheese food. :lick:

[quote=“zender”]1. Scrap yesterday’s pork floss from bun.
2. Add pig’s ear and tits in hot dog casing.
3. Add one slice pastuerized processed cheese food. :lick:[/quote]

It’s not even that … it’s analogue (fake) cheese, made of vegetable (hydrogenated) bad fat, colorant and milk whey …