Taiwanese swear?

So my taiwanese friends i hang out with usually mix taiwanese swears into the conversation. While i understand most of them theres two that keeps popping up. Im typing out the characters in taiwanese so im going by sound not the actual mandarin characters.

lin nia ka he - 林娘咖賀 - from what i know in taiwanese, its your mums better? also heard of lin lao shi ka he -林老師咖賀
jia pwun - dont know characters for this - i know the first character is eat, dont know what pwun is.

My friend said this when he didnt understand a question in a sample exam paper - lin lao shi ka he -林老師咖賀

What do these mean and where would one use it?

Apparently, kha ho 卡好 means “very good”. But I’m no Taiyu expert.

EDIT: I have been informed it’s equivalent to Mandarin 比較好: “better”.

so…its comparing mums…? seems kind of stupid lol

“Pwun” - written phun in POJ (Taiwanese romanisation) means “kitchen waste” (usually with the connotation of it being rotten or rancid). Chiah phun = “eat shit”. You can also literally tell someone to “eat shit” - chiah sai.

The mother thing is comparing bedroom proficiency. Kind of like the more vicious end of “yo momma” jokes.

Lin nia is “your mother” and is said to be short for the extremely offensive lin nia e chhau chibai (proper fighting talk). By itself though it’s not considered anything like as nasty. Sometimes you’ll get the short version used as a retort, like saying “bullshit!” when someone is telling a tall tale, but it’s also a multipurpose curse, much like “fucking hell” in English.

This is my understanding anyway - I’m open to correction.

I think it’s a stock reply to “#@!^ your mom” ---- “your mom’s better” that’s taken on a life of its own so to speak. Zhu Geliang popularized it I think.

[quote=“Taffy”] the extremely offensive lin nia e chhau chibai (proper fighting talk).
[/quote]

I would just like to add that that means your mother’s smelly c*nt.

[quote=“lupillus”][quote=“Taffy”] the extremely offensive lin nia e chhau chibai (proper fighting talk).
[/quote]

I would just like to add that that means your mother’s smelly c*nt.[/quote]

Whoa young lady, where’d you get such a foul mouth? Around Mormons? :laughing: