TaiwanPlus, The Jenny Show, please explain

Has anyone seen this series? I have to travel to get the subtitles and seems.
I love these nostalgia series tell the truth, here in Pingtung at least in our area life was sometimes like this.
Our uncle had a shop next door with those cool Taiwan pinball games where you actually won some money.
Same with the second aunt across the street.
And they had these candies and other things reminiscent of an old American candy store.
It wasn’t just a few years ago in the damn cell phones came and the DPP got into power. Now everybody stares at the screen and they stopped these fun little games for fear of gambling. Sucks to bring rules and civilization into some places just let it be.

I have a whole host of issues with the DPP, especially in terms of corruption, nepotism and incompetence, but dont think they can be blamed for smart phones

Why does she say her name like Lu when it’s spelled Liu?

I hate it when people pronounce shit wrong on purpose.

I usually say shite. Mea culpa

1 Like

I won’t hold your British handicap against you.

1 Like

Is this the same Jennie who did the “travel” shows for the “Discover” Chanel and became popular for some reason? She’s been annoying me for years on the occasion she pops up on my radar, this being such a time. At an office job in the distant past I had to proofread a transcript of one of her shows and it was absolute torture. Imagine her pretending to be into tattoos at .75x with non-native speakers. How do you proofread that? The “news” items I had to proofread with native speakers weren’t a whole lot better. People everywhere just don’t learn how to talk. Anyway, I haven’t heard from her for a while because I haven’t had cable, but if she’s popped up on Taiwan Plus, she’s either running out of venues, or she’s found a new home. I almost applied for a job there, but I think they required Mandarin fluency to compile/translate news into English, which is basically Taiwan “News”'s job.

As opposed to shiiiit? I prefer shite. It sums things up in a shorter amount of time.

One has mega billlons budget…the other has a budget for a jam sandwich.

1 Like

I have a Chinese name that people who know pinyin often mispronounce as it’s spelled using wade-giles. Could be something similar here, I assume she knows how to pronunce her own name?

Pronunciation and names are kind of a free for all.

I looked it up and her last name is 劉 so assuming it’s intentional.

Shit doesn’t take that long to say if your teeth are straight…:wink:

I bet you I can say shite faster than you can say shit.

Ok, that’s just weird then.

I try to keep shite out of my mouth unless I’m at a restaurant in the UK and can’t avoid it…:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like
1 Like

You mean it’s a typical Taiwanese show?

1 Like

Yeah, I guess you’re right. I lived through when smart phones became popular. I tell you
, One year every one was sharing and playing at the chicken in a pit baked Chicken picnic. The next year, everyones nose was in a phone.
Things have corrected. …
One of my students told me he ran a school event that was a fighting video game tournament last week.
The kids fought on their cellphones but was able to put a global view on the school 's big screens.