Taiwan's "Florida Man" - does it exist?

People in Pingtung don’t strike me as abnormal or newsworthy. They’re just normal laid-back people.

You have been hanging out with the right crowd.

Here’s an example of other folks you probably should not be hanging out with it:

Guy

Is the killer from Pingtung? It doesn’t say in the article.

Also, how did he manage to send ONLY his wife and two others to the hospital in a train with 200 passengers? Just pure luck?

Zhongli foreigner caught (insert weird shit here)

Shame really, zhongli is the coolest sounding imo…wonder if anyones actual name is that lol.

A fun game is to Google your birthday with the words Florida man. Let’s take March 28th as an example:

1 Like

Here’s a Taichung Woman case. Taichung Woman 81 sentenced to seven years in prison for arson on her younger lover’s residence (a tin-roofed shack at an old farmhouse). She had a previous conviction in 2002 for the same crime against the wife of her former boyfriend who cheated on her. She took action in that case after her boyfriend’s wife refused to team up with her to catch the boyfriend/husband cheating.

There is probably a lesson in here somewhere.

2 Likes

Dating 81 year olds from Taichung can be tricky? :thinking:

Guy

Pingtung does have some stuff! Loads of it. But what really sets it apart is that it serves as the punching bag for the rest of Taiwan to look down at whilst they [the rest of taiwan…looking at you northern taiwan sky dragons] still do the exact same things just in flashier clothes and bigger buildings. Probably more small dick cars for rich folks in pingtung (per capita) than most other places in Taiwan, to be real. The countryside likes to feel the need to show off more than usual :melting_face: the amount of expensive bags thrown on the ground in people’s houses, broken down luxury cars, fancy restaurants throwing away uneaten food is pretty telling of a fuck you I have face, i mean money, culture in certain areas :joy:

Meanwhile in Taichung, a property sale gone wrong? :grimacing:

Guy

I’d just like to say to all the people saying Sanchong or Taoyuan, or wherever is the Florida of Taiwan that you are wrong. Cos in fact, all of Taiwan is the Florida of Taiwan. I see people do shit that way out-Florida’s Florida even in Taiwan’s most developed and “civilized” areas.

What I think of every time people talk about Florida Man:

basically, Florida allows for the press to have better access to the dumb shit that goes on there…

2 Likes

Hahaha! Desi is awesome.

Guy