"Taiwan's Political Talk Shows", Can I find them on the web?

Aloha,

Greetings from Aloha State. I am new here, please be kind and indulge me this time.

I had been looking for a long time on the web to find streaming political talk shows(fee or no fee). Does anyone know any web site or source for them?

Also, any web site that rank or give insigt to which political talk show rank highest in rating or popularity. And identify the party which support.

Thanks in advance…Mahalo

topdoghawaii

I will think about trying to indulge you when you get rid of your giant avatar.

I will think about trying to indulge you when you get rid of your giant avatar.[/quote]Done, now please indulge away.

For TVBS on line (fee paying but not expensive), click here. When you reach the page, find this logo and click on it:

If you can’t read Chinese, ask someone who can to help you sign up.

I believe TVBS’s political chat shows are the most popular at the moment, and the editorial line is distincty “pan-blue” (KMT, PFP, NP). The funny thing is that many of the commentators are permanent dissidents who used to be anti-KMT, and many of them did gaol/jail time under martial law, e.g. that labour movement guy (forgotten his name) who is of the few Leftist voices one get to hear in Taiwan.

How about trying to get Taiwanese channels on satellite or cable? Many of them have are available in other countries and it might work out simpler than trying to find them on the internet.

[quote=“Juba”]For TVBS on line (fee paying but not expensive), click here. When you reach the page, find this logo and click on it:

If you can’t read Chinese, ask someone who can to help you sign up.

I believe TVBS’s political chat shows are the most popular at the moment, and the editorial line is distincty “pan-blue” (KMT, PFP, NP). The funny thing is that many of the commentators are permanent dissidents who used to be anti-KMT, and many of them did gaol/jail time under martial law, e.g. that labour movement guy (forgotten his name) who is of the few Leftist voices one get to hear in Taiwan.

How about trying to get Taiwanese channels on satellite or cable? Many of them have are available in other countries and it might work out simpler than trying to find them on the internet.[/quote]

Thanks Juba, for your suggestion. Since I am from Taiwan orginally. I can read and write Chinese. I used to distribute TVBS programs in Guam. Politic talk show is always a big focal point around my family and friends. I think it’s part of being away from home. People living abroad tend to care more about hometown’s politic.

I am actually thinking about putting together a weekly podcast. Which model after a popular podcast on itune call “Best of the Left”. It basically feature segments from many political radio broadcast that represent the liberal opinion in the states. Of course I would love to find a show like from Taiwan, that will definitely save me the trouble and time for doing it.

I have tried cable tv and satellite here in Hawaii. Cable is limited and satellite is only for people who can afford houses here(no apartment can install satellite). That is why I am either waiting for IPTV to mature or try searching here for sources on the web.

Thanks for pointing out TVBS is pan-blue. If you know any other source, either TV or radio (both Blue and Green). Please post them here for me. It will be nice to have a good selection to choose from for this podcast project.

Mahalo :smiley: