Taiwanted Development

As we develop Taiwanted (the classifieds) I will make posts in the blog here: forumosa.org/category/forumosafieds/

Please post comments and feedback here rather than the blog so we can all share opinions.

Nice work on the switchover to the new version :notworthy: :bravo:

Thanks Gus. Still working on it to iron out some kinks.

I guess the lack of feedback means it is working ok!

The newest version of the Taiwanted main page looks very nice and professional and all that. I like it a bunch.

However, I tend to check want ads religously just in case there’s something cool to spend my money on, and I have to click twice and wait just to see if there’s something new. It’s annoying. Would it be possible to include the date of the latest post on the cover page or even the sub page so I don’t have to do that one extra click and wait to see the stuff I’ve seen 3 times already?

Do you use an RSS reader? You can set up Firefox to pull RSS feeds. RSS would be the most convenient way to see ads as they are posted

Thanks for the feedback canucktyuktuk.

On the front page there is a list of the top 4 latest ads per general category with date posted. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

That’s a good idea for the sub pages though. Yes, we can include a listing of say the last 20 ads with date posted. I’ll get on it.

I am not sure I like this new Forumosa site, but anyway, what is up with Taiwanted?

First of all it is requesting from me to log-in to view! Why can’t we view the ads without logging in?
Second, after I log-in (sucessfully, it recognizes me on the top left conrer) it says:

“You are not authorised to read this forum.”

What gives?

Why can’t I view the ads? Why did we/they/you get rid off the Taiwanted link on the top of the page?

[quote=“theserbian”]I am not sure I like this new Forumosa site, but anyway, what is up with Taiwanted?

First of all it is requesting from me to log-in to view! Why can’t we view the ads without logging in?
Second, after I log-in (sucessfully, it recognizes me on the top left conrer) it says:

What gives?

Why can’t I view the ads? Why did we/they/you get rid off the Taiwanted link on the top of the page?[/quote]I’m not getting that. What URL are you using? I’m just going from taiwanted.com/ and it’s fine.

The link hasn’t been removed as such. The whole forum software has been updated - didn’t you notice? The link hasn’t been put back yet. Give it some time.

@theserbian:

Thanks for the feedback. We’re not finished yet! We appreciate all the comments, but give us a little time to make things pretty and seamless.

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“theserbian”]I am not sure I like this new Forumosa site, but anyway, what is up with Taiwanted?

What gives?

Why can’t I view the ads? Why did we/they/you get rid off the Taiwanted link on the top of the page?[/quote]I’m not getting that. What URL are you using? I’m just going from taiwanted.com/ and it’s fine.

The link hasn’t been removed as such. The whole forum software has been updated - didn’t you notice? The link hasn’t been put back yet. Give it some time.[/quote]
It’s the one on the board index page. below the Feedback and Temp forum links. They added a link to TaiwanHo! too and it gives the same message. ‘You are not authorized to view this page’. I figure they just haven’t worked the bugs out yet.

Thanks for pointing this out :doh:

I’ve re-programmed the “forum permissions” so that they are the same as the ones used for the Events forum (ie. anyone should be able to use them whether they are logged in or not). I’ve tested them out as a guest user and they seem to work now :slight_smile:

site sucks!!!
can’t even log in
get no support either

Yes, our user integration has been buggy, but we’re not finished yet! Give us a little time to figure things out. In the meantime, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. :blush: :bow:

Seriously, can we just return to the old days of a “buy and sell” forum at forumosa.com. That worked way better that any of the incarnations since. That shit has been going on for years.

Simple, Easy, Fast, Reliable and Free. What is so bad about that?

C’mon.

Please?

On Friday, I received 10 emails from Taiwanted saying that my ad for a four-door Corsa was about to expire. Which was odd, as I don’t own a Corsa and I’ve never advertised on Taiwanted.

That is odd indeed

I have just transferred over ads from the old database to the new Taiwanted, so you are likely to get another round of reminders about “your” Corsa in another 3 months (taiwanted.com/viewlisting.php?view=9945)

You can try to login and remove it, or lmk and I will delete it for you. There are a number of kinks that have yet to be worked out with these ads

Thanks for pointing it out

That is odd indeed

I have just transferred over ads from the old database to the new Taiwanted, so you are likely to get another round of reminders about “your” Corsa in another 3 months (taiwanted.com/viewlisting.php?view=9945)

You can try to login and remove it, or lmk and I will delete it for you. There are a number of kinks that have yet to be worked out with these ads

Thanks for pointing it out[/quote]No worries. I deleted the two Corsa ads–the “expired” one and the current one–myself. I wonder whose car it actually was.

I just placed an ad, and when I was asked for my address and phone number, it was not clear whether this info would be displayed in the ad. Obviously, it is of interest to the user to know whether private contact info will be made public. Perhaps the info is somewhere but I didn’t see it. Could this be made clearer? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I just realized that my phone number was asked for in the ad I placed but NOT listed in the ad itself. No wonder I haven’t gotten any calls at all. Not good. That needs to be fixed pronto.

I just realized that my phone number was asked for in the ad I placed but NOT listed in the ad itself. No wonder I haven’t gotten any calls at all. Not good. That needs to be fixed pronto.[/quote]

If someone wants to respond to the ad they click to send a private message, which will also be forwarded to your email address (I sent myself a test reply). Users should be told all this during the ad placement process. Particularly squirrely is that it asks for the address and phone number in the same breath, as it were, not telling you that it will list one (the one I’d rather have private – my address) and will not list the other (the one some users like FF above wanted to have listed). Me, I’m happy with the email notification. :idunno: