Taiwanted doesn't recognize my Forumosa ID

I get this message:

Warning
Not logged in
We could not find a user with that email address and password.

Anybody else?

Hmmm… I just checked and got the exact same error (I have never logged in before, btw).

Strangely, it also replaced my user ID with my email address.

So that means I can’t log in to Taiwanted and can’t place an ad …

This has already been fed back here: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

(by truant and myself)

Dunno if anyone read it though.

Solution?

[quote=“irishstu”]This has already been fed back here: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

(by truant and myself)

Dunno if anyone read it though.[/quote]
Yeah, I’ve alerted Malc. He’ll respond soonish, I think.

The problem seems to be when the email addresses are different on Forumosa and Taiwanted. If you drop me a PM I’ll update your info.

What do you need?

Just let me know which email address you want to use, and the old one you used before.

Any fix for this? Impossible to place an ad.

What does this mean, why would I have an email address on Taiwanted??

[quote=“SuperS54”]Any fix for this? Impossible to place an ad.

What does this mean, why would I have an email address on Taiwanted??[/quote]

same problem for me. I get a message

[quote]Warning
Not logged in
We could not find a user with that email address and password[/quote]

But I did not enter an email address and have never given Taiwanted any email address. How to fix?

I found out that I had to use a defunct e-mail address, one that I originally gave on Forumosa eons ago …

Thanks for the info

So Forumosa ID: = email address

then how come it doesn’t just ask for email address.

I have tried the email address given years ago… but still get the same message

Why not make the Forumosa ID: = the Forumosa user name… makes more sense to me… then just migrate over all the users from FORUMOSA to Taiwanted

I got the same problem…
being trying for 2 days, and finding no way to login to Taiwanted
SOS…
SOS…

Yup, same problem here.

New Forumosa account; no problem logging in here, but no luck on Taiwanted.

i have the same problem–can’t log into taiwanted to post a god damn ad. i tried putting in my email address that i used for forumosa, i even went into my forumosa profile to try to change it, but it still doesn’t work. the taiwanted does not accept my forumosa username—WHAT TO DO??? :fume:

This is a completely uninformed guess, based on almost no experience with stuff that only bears a passing resemblance to this group of websites anyway, but…

Taiwanted is not simply a different URL, it’s created with a totally different set of software and has its own database. Somewhere in that database is a list of users, stored in whatever format that particular software uses.

Somewhere inside forumosa there is also a list of users stored in some or other format appropriate to the software that generates all this funky stuff.

In order for the list of users on Taiwanted to match the one on forumosa the two lists have to be ‘synchronised’, if that’s the right word. You have to copy names from one to the other. And I have a feeling that for security purposes most quality software has all sorts of barriers in place to prevent their user data being harvested by hackers. For instance, even as the administrator and owner of my website I can’t see anyone’s password so there would be no way I could pass this data to another website in order to share logins. This throws a proverbial spanner in the works.

I seem to remember that in the past Malc had written some kind of program to copy the user list from forumosa to taiwanted, somehow working around whatever barriers are in place. I also remember that he manually updated my details, presumably because a change of email address wasn’t automatically copied over. So I would assume that there is no fully automatic process. Something presumably has to be done by someone at some point in order to enable new members to post ads.

I believe that Malc is too busy with real life to take care of this stuff now, and I’ve also heard rumours that some great new evolution is in the works that will obviate the need for the fix.

Until then, however, we’re all shit out of luck. Me included.

I can’t offer you any solution other than to suggest you PM Goose Egg and bring this to his attention more pointedly. He’s probably doing as much as he can do to resolve the issue already, and although it’s frustrating for the rest of us we have to remember that he’s not making any money out of this and has a lot of other more important things to do as well.