Taiwanted is back in Forumosa!

We’re going to be rolling out a brand-new Taiwanted.com very soon, but until it’s up and running, feel free to post your classified ads here. A few reminders:
*All ads are 100% free! :discodance:
*Please post each ad once - multiple posts will be deleted.
*Ads will automatically expire after 30 days.
*Taiwanted is not a discussion forum, it’s a place for people to post their ads without fear of off-topic replies or sarcasm. Be respectful. If you see something amiss, please contact admin(at)forumosa.com.

That’s a nice solution Maoman. Elegant in its simplicity, form and function.

What do you call that section where people write stuff like:

[color=#FF0000]Admin: That would be Missed Connections.[/color]

[quote=“Maoman”]We’re going to be rolling out a brand-new Taiwanted.com very soon, but until it’s up and running, feel free to post your classified ads here. A few reminders:
*All ads are 100% free! :discodance:
*Please post each ad once - multiple posts will be deleted.
*Ads will automatically expire after 30 days.
*Taiwanted is not a discussion forum, it’s a place for people to post their ads without fear of off-topic replies or sarcasm. Be respectful. If you see something amiss, please contact admin(at)forumosa.com.[/quote]

Sorry bro I just replied to an ad in a witty vein by mistake :roflmao: …why not disable replies so people can communicate by PM?

I think that a discussion of the ad can drive interest. For example:

[quote]“Does your car have tinted windows?”
“Yes, but the tint isn’t very dark”
“Can you wait until the end of the month to sell it?”
“No, I’ve got to sell it by the end of the week - I’m heading back to the States on Saturday.”[/quote]

This kind of on-topic discussion would be welcomed, I think.

But having a discussion in the jobs forum is not so helpful. I posted an ad last night for my husband’s company stating clearly that pay won’t be very high (I don’t know what the pay is, but my husband suggested writing that so people expecting very high salaries won’t waste their time preparing applications), and of course, right away, along comes the comment about pay. It’s put me off posting job opportunities.

Hi asiababy - I deleted the unhelpful post and locked the topic - people will still be able to see your post, but they won’t be able to comment.

And please don’t be put off posting jobs in the future - this is a stopgap measure only - we’ve got a new system in development that we want to roll out soon.

Maoman, I agree with asiababy. You need to make it clear whether those threads are for OPs only or for discussion. I’ve noticed a few going south very quickly recently. Either they’re totally open or they’re totally closed.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but this is not the first time you’ve said this.

[quote=“irishstu”]Maoman, I agree with asiababy. You need to make it clear whether those threads are for OPs only or for discussion. I’ve noticed a few going south very quickly recently. Either they’re totally open or they’re totally closed.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but this is not the first time you’ve said this.[/quote]

For an example of why this (the marriage of Taiwanted and Forumosa) isn’t such a good idea, check out the thread from the individual trying to sell a 100 GB external hard drive. It’s been amusing watching the OP flame out, but really, not why we’re all here…I think… :2cents:

Is anyone else having a hard time reading the font in the Taiwanted ads on Forumosa?

Yeah, it’s a bit wacky. I think it’s using a font that not all of us have and our computers are substituting something else.

[quote=“irishstu”]Maoman, I agree with asiababy. You need to make it clear whether those threads are for OPs only or for discussion. I’ve noticed a few going south very quickly recently. Either they’re totally open or they’re totally closed.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but this is not the first time you’ve said this.[/quote]I think it’s great that people can post ads on here for now. But I’d suggest disabling replies if possible. Presumably people won’t be able to post public replies to ads on the new Taiwanted site, either? So it’s no different from that.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but this is not the first time you’ve said this.[/quote]
I know, and it’s embarrassing, believe me. :blush: We’ve had so many false starts.

I honestly think things are going better this time around, but in the meantime, I encourage your scorn and derision. It is the fire under my ass that inspires me to not give up - seriously. :notworthy:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Ok, so I posted an ad to give away some SCUBA flippers, around Sept. 9 or 10, and got an email notification of a private message from someone who wanted them. The email says "Please do not reply to this email. If you would like to reply to the message please visit our website at taiwanted.com, but there’s no way to log in to reply to the message. It says to go post the message on forumosa.com. Sigh. So how do I message the person who answered the ad?

Do I have to post the ad all over again, in the hopes that the guy will see it and respond again?[/quote]I regret that you are correct – you will have to re-post your classified ad again in the hopes that the person who replied to you will try to contact you again. I am sorry for all this trouble.

Hi Goose Egg,

Since you appear to be in quite an active problem-solving spurt at the moment, could you please look at the fonts in the Taiwanted posts? They’re comically large on my screen.

Windows XP - Firefox 3.6.13 - Screen size: 1280x1024px.

No-one else having this problem?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote=“irishstu”]Hi Goose Egg,

Since you appear to be in quite an active problem-solving spurt at the moment, could you please look at the fonts in the Taiwanted posts? They’re comically large on my screen.

Windows XP - Firefox 3.6.13 - Screen size: 1280x1024px.

No-one else having this problem?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/quote]
I like it. I get like four words to a line. Which means I don’t need to wear my glasses. Great!

[quote=“irishstu”]Since you appear to be in quite an active problem-solving spurt at the moment, could you please look at the fonts in the Taiwanted posts? They’re comically large on my screen. [/quote]How do they look now? I have reset the sizes

Looking good now, thanks.

What exactly is going on with Taiwanted right now? There appear to be no ads posted whatsoever, but the site is up. At the bottom, there is something which seems to be the latest and greatest in redundancy innovation: several bars saying “Latest on ____” (Forumosa, Taiwanease, etc.) but every list of posts is perfectly identical. What’s even worse is that there is a “Latest on Forumosa” side-bar on the right already… Do you really need another three identical bars at the bottom?

I think it’s really sad what’s happened to Taiwanted over the years. Before you made the first of a few unnecessary “updates” it was the easiest to navigate and probably the most popular website to go to for jobs, classifieds, etc. After the change in 2008 (I think it was that year), almost no one used it anymore. Now it seems as if that’s literally the case. You guys need to get on the ball and revive Taiwanted and make it usable and useful again, in my opinion, because Tealit never was as good as Taiwanted in its glory days. Sadly now Taiwanted is just taking up space on the internets.

[quote=“dashgalaxy86”]You guys need to get on the ball and revive Taiwanted and make it usable and useful again, in my opinion, because Tealit never was as good as Taiwanted in its glory days.[/quote]dashgalaxy, you’re absolutely right, and I won’t let you down. You have my word on this.

[quote=“dashgalaxy86”]What exactly is going on with Taiwanted right now? There appear to be no ads posted whatsoever, but the site is up.

[/quote]

I posted an ad on it a few days ago. Everything worked fine. A buyer saw it, called me and we concluded the deal. I went back in and edited the post to state that it had been sold. It all worked smoothly.