Taking Taiwanese Wife to UK - Visa Question

Hi all.
Apologies to those of you that were helping me with my questions about my son yesterday and will now be thinking “WTF??”

I previously lived in the UK with my wife and she had a one year spouse visa that ran out in April 2004.

We are now heading across for a visit only.

My question is:
Is her only option to go as a “normal” Taiwanese visitor, or can she get some sort of spouse visa. I guess an extension to her original visa is out of the question?

By the way, we’re leaving in two weeks, which is the real problem.

I can’t seem to find out if visiting for less than 2 weeks requires a visa. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Also, does a 3 month old have to pay for a visa or does he just come with his mum?

Thanks for any information.

(P.S. I’m going to phone the BTCO today, but I have to wait till 2pm. It would be helpful if I had more info before I phoned).

OK. Never mind.
I just got off the phone with the Taiwanese lady at BTCO (not the friendliest, BTW).

No such thing as a 2 week landing visa. The shortest visa now is 6 months (!) and it costs NT$2200, plus another NT$2200 for the three-month-old (!!).

Man, that sucks giant donkey balls.