Taking the stairs at Taipei 101

Does anyone know if it is possible/allowed to take the stairs at any time to the observatory deck at Taipei 101? I know that Taipei 101 hosts an annual stair climbing race, but I am wondering if anyone can just take the stairs to the top anytime during the week. My nephew will be visiting next month and he has lost a lot of weight and has been given a clean bill of health by his doctor. He would like to take on the challenge of taking the stairs to the top of 101 instead of taking the express elevator. I would also like to join him on this venture. Do you need to buy a ticket for the observation deck and then just enter the stairwell? How would this work? I could not find any information about this from Taipei 101’s website.
Thank you in advance for any information.

AFAIK, the stairwells at 101 are all ‘emergency access only’, and the doors to each floor from the stairs are locked (so that you can enter the stairwell from each floor, but not each floor from the stairwell, and there are signs saying no exit until 1F).

So you can catch the lift to the observation deck and take the stairs down? :laughing:

Sure, just change freq to 121.5 and declare an emergency. In your case, I’d suggest saying that your V-tail fell off. :slight_smile:

Quite the heavy security on the stairwells. One might better prepare next time by bringing a few lunchboxes.

I’ve been thinking about why someone would want to do something that stupid, and then I realized…if you are dating one of those mad girls called Amy and she loves Tiffany jewelry then a trip down the stairs is a great escape.

I recommend your thoughtfulness in sharing this with us. Now where are those stairs when you need them.