Takis

Is there any shops in Taipei who has this?

They’re quite good, because it’s so spicy and flavorful, that it actually does help satisfy temporary hunger. As in you can’t pop them in your mouth quickly but must eat them slowly.

Tyson’s Tacos on Airport Blvd puts these in a couple of their tacos :yum:

Never saw them here, but try the spicy nacho Doritos.

Blasphemy.
BkQ8Y.jpg_fb.cf

1 Like

Yea I’m aware there’s a lot of great stuff on Airport Blvd… used to bike up there from Riverside to Mueller park… to a certain bath house (that is sadly closed). Taipei is actually a lot more better and more interesting in that regard. Sure Austin is great for bars and stuff but at the end of the day, they’re overpriced dive bars without character, or rather anything with character just gets shut down and replaced with Starbucks. Plus Taiwan food is better because the best I could hope for is Panda Express and they suck, bad. Was hoping Food Panda delivers for Panda Express.

But I like Taki’s because they aren’t just spicy, but the lemon made it taste good, and you just nibble on it and your hunger goes away.

Terrible how covid had made this a huge reality. So many great places gone for good.

1 Like

Hoffbrau is gone. It was the only steakhouse where I never touched any sauce or seasoning because they know how to cook ribeyes. Chili’s in Taiwan can’t even touch that quality, for the same price.

1 Like

Update: Going to get my dad to bring a few. It’s not meat product so I don’t think customs will have a problem with it.

My dad said it’s spicy and he won’t try and eat it, and I explained that I ate some in El Paso and I really missed it.

1 Like