Taliban Commander bribes his way out of prison - again

[quote]A Taleban commander in Afghanistan responsible for leading attacks on British troops says he has been freed from prison after paying a bribe.

Mullah Sorkh Naqaibullah told the BBC he paid $15,000 (£7,500) to the Afghan authorities to win his freedom.

It was the third time that the leader, known as the “Red Mullah”, had been captured and released, he said. [/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7176807.stm

Hmm, kinda defeats the purpose in arresting him in the first place.

Its called ‘Catch & Release.’

Looks like someone is following him around to see who his comrades are. Catch him, make it look convincing, let him ‘bail’ himself out and follow him.

His usefulness is probably about nil now.
He’ll have an unfortunate accident soon…IMO.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Its called ‘Catch & Release.’

Looks like someone is following him around to see who his comrades are. Catch him, make it look convincing, let him ‘bail’ himself out and follow him.

He’ll have an unfortunate accident soon…IMO.[/quote]

Please tell me we’re really in control here and not making this up as we go along to make ourselves feel good.

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Its called ‘Catch & Release.’

Please tell me we’re really in control here and not making this up as we go along to make ourselves feel good.[/quote]
tsk tsk. I wish those people would be more law abiding. :unamused:

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Its called ‘Catch & Release.’

Please tell me we’re really in control here and not making this up as we go along to make ourselves feel good.[/quote]Spook -

Currently you do not have a ‘Need to Know.’

I was thinking that now it’s been publicized it’ll probably send a message to other Taliban members and any other terrs in the area that bribes work. Not good, especially with all that opium money they’re making.

Maybe they’re doing a ‘Release & Release’ on Osama Bin Laden. I knew there had to be some explanation.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Its called ‘Catch & Release.’

Please tell me we’re really in control here and not making this up as we go along to make ourselves feel good.[/quote]Spook -

Currently you do not have a ‘Need to Know.’[/quote]

If his usefulness is “about nil” why arrest him, let him bail himself out, and then follow him around? And how would you know the answers to these questions without being part of some secret inner circle of, like, CIA agents! or something? And if you are part of some inner circle of, like, CIA agents! or something what are you doing here passing out “secrets”?

Also, when you say that "he’ll likely have an “unfortunate accident” aren’t you making a prediction rather than expressing an opinion? Did you know that IMO means “in my opinion”? or is that something you just tack on because you saw it someplace and think it looks “cool”?

Yes, I’m sure they never thought of that before. Bribes work! In Afghanistan!

Unless you’re a corrupt prison guard, in which case arresting him is all part of the purpose.