Talking Taiwan - a Taiwan Community Podcast

Are you interested in being a guest in a Podcast we are developing?
Let us know – PM me, and I will send you details of what we need. We hope to launch the podcast in a few weeks.

A little background

For the past few months, I have been talking to Rick Monday about developing a podcast for Forumosa.com - you might recall that when Rick was last with ICRT as the DJ of their Morning Show, he won a Taiwan Golden Bell Award for his work there. We have made a lot of progress over the past several weeks. It’s all coming together.

Our idea is to have a show that features English speakers and foreign residents of Taiwan, introducing the variety of things that they are doing. The audience will be primarily Taiwanese people interested in improving their English.

Conversations will not be dumbed down, although we are asking guests to be mindful of who we are trying to reach. These are meant to be genuine conversations with interesting people - so the listeners are able to practice their comprehension skills while getting to know the different kinds of real people who make up Taiwan’s “global community”. I’m even inviting some French-speakers to be guests - because (a) they are very cool and interesting people, and (b) in the “real world” today English is the universal language of global communications and business

We are looking for guests who have something they want to share - to our main Taiwanese audience or to the greater Taiwan-oriented audience at large. We have been approaching all kinds of people, but we are particularly keen on inviting English teachers, professors, and trainers. We want to design the podcast as a way they can promote themselves and their methods.

Each episode will have a corresponding “Show Page” on our Podcast website (now under construction). The Show Page will include the Podcast Episode, a listening comprehension quiz, and background material about the featured guest. This background material is your chance to place links, buttons, images that promote who you are.

Are you interested in being a guest? Let us know – PM me. We are refining our episode-making process and we need your help. I am hoping we can get 10 volunteers over the next 2 weeks. This would involve a 15 to 20 minute Skype call. We’ll edit it ourselves down to about 6 to 8 minutes, and then share it with you so you can forward to your own network.

Keep in mind - we are NOT ready for primetime yet - but we are close. If what you want to talk about is about to happen soon, then this is not the right time. We don’t plan to launch (or beta) for another few weeks. But you are free to share the episode we make with you to your own network

2 Likes

@GooseEgg, is this podcast coming back?
I heard some interesting interviews there and only found out it was connected to Forumosa after a Google search on the podcast.
Last episode was about one year ago…

It will be coming back :sunny: I am no longer directly involved but I was exchanging messages with @felicialin this week and she said she has been working on new episodes.

Expect to see deep links in the text ads shortly

2 Likes

I’m interested in joining a podcast but @FeliciaLin never answered my email. I guess my Taipei based manufacturing biz isn’t a match? I work with many interesting Taiwanese businesses here.

3 Likes

I think you are an ideal match, @Aikaili - and I recall recommending we reach out to you before the project went on hiatus. I will make sure to discuss this further with @FeliciaLin - I am certain she will agree with me

2 Likes

Thanks @GooseEgg. I’ll give it another try.

3 Likes

This would have been cool when I was doing the MMA stuff and working in the gym as well.

2 Likes

I just listened to my first Talking Taiwan podcast.

Was brought to you by forumosa.com.

Didn’t realize or maybe didn’t connect that Forumosa was in the podcast business until the end mentioned.

The host alluded that the podcast is primarily for people outside of Taiwan. Is that correct?

Also heard the voice of the same guy that’s on ICRT Sunday mornings.

Listened to Esther Chen comedian, actress, etc. and Michael Turton pineapple episode and biking episode.